1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i recently figured out how to play gba roms on an nintendo ds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by amskhan, Jun 19, 2011.

1. amskhan

amskhan Active Member

i take no credit for this software
    except that im showing the world
    so its a homebrew called lazy boy
    i have tested this out and i can say that it is the best thing
    so this is a nds homebrew

what u need to do:
    1) get a gba rom
    2)get a nds cartridge with removable memmory
    3) install the latest official r4 firmware
    4) install the game onto the card
    5)launch the lazy boy.nds
    6) it will come up with two options
    7) choose option (color or game boy por something similar)
    8) launch gbha rom

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

game boy colour and game boy advance are not the same thing. DS flashcarts cannot run GBA games. End of.

3. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I knew that it wouldn't work, but for the sake of calling amskhan a fuckwit with a clean conscience, I tried it anyhow: Lame Boy can't see GBA files at all, trying to run a GBA ROM after changing the file extension to "gb" or "gbc" and running it with Lame Boy causes the emulator to try to run it, fail, and quit to the ROM selection screen.
    You're a fuckwit, amskhan. Also, the GB/GBC emulator for NDS is named "Lame Boy", not "Lazy Boy". Unless the Slot 1 card being used is one of the newer ones that supports GBA emulation, a Slot 2 cartridge is needed to run GBA roms on DS.

4. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

^

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Why does this sound like you actually had a glimmer of hope it would work, and in your mind was pretty much "this won't work, but maybe..."

6. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

He instinct was telling him that it wouldnt work. He might of just wanted to prove to his himself that this homebrew is a piece of shit

7. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I knew that the an emulator for two entirely different systems wouldn't play GBA ROMs. But, as I said, I wanted to be absolutely sure; it may have been the case that a glitch in the way that Lame Boy handles unknown files (or specifically .gba files) that allowed the DS's native GBA hardware to be accessed to run the ROMs (or some over strange, fringe occurrence that allowed the ROMs to run).
    I knew that it was really unlikely to work, but with it being so easy to test (and with no one else having responded with the results of doing so) I decided to test it myself before calling OP out on their misinformation. Calling someone a liar isn't something I tend to do if I'm not sure.

Of course, I could still be wrong; but I doubt it. If OP can post some proof, I'm happy to apologise.

8. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

It's ok, he was wrong anyway