1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I phone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adnan1992, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of buying one. What do the people think? Its mainly to make up for my other i pod being stolen :(.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its a ridiculously expensive piece of junk. My nokia can do virtually everything the iphone can, and it didn't cost anywhere near as much. Add my iPaq into the equation and I've got a lot more functionality at a fraction of the price. If you get a newish iPaq then you'd be a lot better off, as they can make phone calls these days.

3. Adnan1992

I paq? I must have been living in a hole when it cam out

4. Loonylion

it's not an Apple product, its made by HP and has been around for years. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipaq. To give you some idea of how old mine is, it is a H5400 series.

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'm obligated to post this link.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

I think this should cover everything nicely.

6. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Iphone is a piece of junk.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's funny how people are have mentality that everything Apple is junk, from what I've seen so far an iPhone seem to be nice.

8. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

iPhone looks kinda cool, however they dont even sell them here, im happy with my Ericsson W950i.

9. Loonylion

iphones and ipods are junk, their computers are good, although its a shame they switched to intel processors.

10. Adnan1992

hmm then what should i get. Ok I don't want to spend more then £100 on Mp3 or mp4. What could i get?

11. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Maybe some Nokia Nseries should do it..

12. Loonylion

I have a nokia 6131 that im very happy with, cost me £146 including a leather case and microSD card

13. Crashtehelf

Crashtehelf Well-Known Member

eh...i like my Sanyo Katana over the iPhone. it doesnt have video or mp3 support, but, it makes one hell of a portable piracy database :p

14. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The Apple iPhone is over-hyped and over-priced. It can't do basic things, like take videos and stuff.

15. skunny

skunny Member

Phones with camera's was too much for me. I want my phone to make phone calls and thats it.

I have a camera to take photos not my phone
    I have a laptop to browse the internet not my phone
    I have an MP3 player that i listen to music with...
    ...and they all do it better then the iPhone imo.

So unless you want one device that is medicore in all the fields above to save space, i wouldn't bother.

I'm too broke to afford one anyway :)

It's funny someone posted the Maddox article on it, thats all i think of when anyone mentions the iPhone, it is a pretty could summary.

16. Loonylion

Hear hear. I have a camera phone because my non-camera phone (nokia 3510i) packed up and you can't get anything but camera phones these days.

17. skunny

skunny Member

haha yeah exactely what happened with mine - call me stubborn but i held ontomy nokia phone cant remember the model, but it was like the first gameboy, grey pixel screen address book and phone + alarm thats it. My phone company stopped supporting the network it was designed on, had to go digital, so i ended up with a phone with a camera. I've had it for 2yrs and still havent found the need to use it. My digital camera is so much better.

Another annoying thing with the spread of camera phones is all the grainy shitty photos they take aswell as videos. Crappy phone videos litter youtube and the like. SAVE US.

lol

18. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ my W950i doesnt have a camera, it was pretty much built for music, 4GB internal and really good sound, puts out a better sound than my old nano thats for sure.

19. Loonylion

I had one of those 'do everything' phones for a short period, the manufacturers had concentrated so much on making it the only device you'd ever need that it was absolute crap at making phone calls or sending texts.

20. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

But dude... Its by apple! ;)
    Just kidding. There are better phones out there, that get better service, and can do almost everything an iPhne can do.