1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I own the game, want the rom? Help?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dryvulgarity, Jun 16, 2011.

1. dryvulgarity

dryvulgarity New Member

There are several games that I already own, but I'd like to have them on my computer, for portablility. Unfortunatly most of them are listed as undownloadable, is there somewhere else I can get them? The main ones are FF8, FF7, and FF9. I'm working on finding a way to use the disc itself, but aside from that I'd really like Yoshi's island (NES) and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have an NES emulator as well as a playstation emulator, both work with the rom's I do have.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can rip the games yourself, that is the only legal method of obtaining a rom for backup purposes. Downloading is illegal regardless of whether you own the original or not.

ePSXe will use original CDs (you MUST have a drive capable of writing CDs, otherwise the PSX CD cannot be read) and you want version 1.5.2 for square/squaresoft/square-enix games.

if you still want to download them then look in the trading station section of the forum, theres at least one topic with the final fantasy games in.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

PSx v1.13 is good for the FF games, and has no plugins, just select the letter drive you wish to play you PS cd in

I like turning them disc into iso images as it's easier run from the hard drive