1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I Need...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haseoTOD, Feb 11, 2009.

1. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

A song for thanking all the parents at my Graduation. I really need it because I'm going to graduate and i'm assign to do it. Can someone please give something? oh and I'll focus more on my studies and spend less time on the computer since I'm graduating :( (but I'll visit the forum for a few times) Please mods dont lock this topic as soon as i submit it. Just give it a little bit more time please? Oh, and Cahos, "Castlevania" IS ONE WORD ONLY.

Au revior, Baby.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

more detail would be immensely helpful.

3. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Need a song about thanking or a tribute for the parents' hard work and support to the graduating students. Is that ok? Oh, and it has to be a slow song too. Sorry for being demanding.

Au revoir, Baby.

4. Loonylion

best thing I can think of off hand would be 'with a little help from my friends' by the beatles.

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

yeah nothing beats the beatles (pun not intended).

6. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Loonylion! you rock! Fantastique! It's perfect! but I should take more suggestions.

7. Loonylion

school related, though not specifically what you asked for:

Barenaked Ladies: grade 9
    Busted: what I go to school for
    S Club 7: reach (dubious though, about achievement/ambition.)

Other potentials

Dream Theater: learning to live
    Dream Theater: Repentance (about regretting mistakes)

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I don't know if this song will fit your criteria, but this one's a major favorite here as a Graduation song.

"Farewell" by Raymond Lauchengco, which is in English, it's a bit sad though.
    http://www.imeem.com/imissrehab/music/54E6IYdA/raymond_lauchengco_farewell/

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

In Our Bedroom After The War
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvuvBCz6qAk&feature=related

<3 Stars.

10. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Okay, while I'm eating some eggs (sunny side up) in a bread/ I decided to make the list of the songs you guys suggested. (Most outstanding is at No. 1, then so on and so forth)

1.Farewell
    2.In our bedroom, After the war (supposed to be 1 but I'm not getting the "Thanking the parents part" but it F ROCKS!)
    3. With a little help from my friends

Well that's it. The Final fantasy movie is soooo Freakin Cool! where do they buy that!?!

Au Revoir, Baby.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I just remembered my High School Batch's class song, we didn't use it as our Graduation song but it's perfect for your theme of Thanking your parents.

Thanks to you by Tyler Collins
    http://www.imeem.com/ydalg/music/PIxiFk8c/tyler_collins_thanks_to_you/

Oh yeah that FF Movie song doesn't quite fit the criteria ???

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The song has themes of loneliness and how they couldn't do it without them. Thanking the parents if you will.
    and the reoccuring lyric "atleast the war is over' meaning that it's all done and over with.

That's what I get from it anyways. Haseo if you like this song, then you'll like all of Stars' other stuff.

13. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Thank you for all your help. I picked Cahos song, Thanks to you. Thank you guys.

wake up, say goodmorning to, that sleepy person, lying next to you. If there's no one there, then there's no one there, but at least, the war is over...