1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by xdifferentx, Jun 18, 2009.

1. xdifferentx

xdifferentx Member

hi, i need some game suggestions but i'm very picky as to what games i'll play

i want some games that have minimum use of the touch screen, and i don't like turn based games, or anime crap games.

pretty much every thing else i'm willing to give a try

thanks

2. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

So... Touch-screen based games are out, as are anime-designed. Okay, here's a list.

Dementium: The Ward (uses the touchscreen, but only to emulate an analogue stick).
    NEW Super Mario Bros.
    Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled (basically the western version of Chrono Trigger).
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (very limited touchscreen use, yet one of the best DS games out there).
    Soma Bringer (Diablo-esque hack and slash RPG with no touchscreen use at all and an English patch).
    Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (incredible platform-action game with no touchscreen use).
    Retro Game Challenge (awesome compilation of old-school games with no touchscreen controls).

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

How about..
    - Final Fantasy III/IV
    - Dragon Quest IV/V (is this an anime games?)
    - Suikoden Tierkries

4. Wintrale

They're all turn-based.

5. xdifferentx

xdifferentx Member

Thanks for the suggestions, but I consider Chrono Trigger to be turn based, is Black Sigil like that?

6. Wintrale

If you consider Chrono Trigger as turn-based, then yar. You won't find many non-turn based RPGs on the DS.

7. xdifferentx

xdifferentx Member

Yeah, it's a shame.

8. Wintrale

Not really. I mean, very few other consoles even have turn-based RPGs any more so it's nice to see a good amount to play somewhere, y'know?

9. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

is soma bringer really like diablo?? :p if it is i wanna get it

10. Wintrale

Pretty much, yeah.

11. xdifferentx

xdifferentx Member

I always preferred hand held consoles due to the fact you can play anywhere, I think it's a shame they mainly only focus on turn based games, when they could be doing both.

12. Wintrale

They do both, but you don't like anime-style games. There's Ring of Fate, Echoes of Time, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Hearts... Plenty, but they're all anime-style.

13. xdifferentx

xdifferentx Member

I meant gay things like naturo and crap. I'm not really a fan of the final fantasy series though.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Uh oh! You better hope KingofGamesMaster777 doesn't read this, that guy's a Naruto fan & he might eat you up for saying that Naruto is Gay ;D

15. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

LOL yea.
    Also, you shouldn't be calling things "gay" just because you don't like them.
    *sigh*

16. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Yep i agree.
    what if that person is females?(just kidding!!)

Try the PW series.
    It has minimum use of touch screen..