1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need some new animes to watch -_-

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Sneggz, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Sneggz

Sneggz Well-Known Member

;D i've watched a lot and yeah...
    i would prefer if the anime isnt like FLCL i didnt really like the pictures, but it was good..
    I watched
    Angelique
    pokemon -_-
    digimon -_-
    DN angel
    Chrono Crusade OMG IT MADE ME CRY IT WAS SO TOUCHING
    omamori himari
    inyuasha
    naruto
    bleach
    to love ru. i didnt like it. too much eechi. and there wasnt even a plot ..just. marriage o.o
    sailor moon... i didnt like it
    fate/stay night
    fushigi boshi no futago hime. really cute, liked shade.
    pretty cure. ugh no transforming stuff please they take soo long to transform for like 1-2 minutes and the bad guys is like o.o
    yumerio pattasire really good, but no romance
    rave master
    fairy tail
    gundam seed
    gundam seed destiny
    wallflower
    deathnote
    the good witch of the west
    nanoah strikers
    ragnarok
    pretear
    and others that i forget

please no yaoi, yuri ,a lot of eechi please -_- and i want an anime with a hawt guy.. and a main female character that isnt all whimpy and stupid dense... ect..

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Are you looking for some romance?
    Try these,
    Angel Beats
    - A promising anime I might say. Although looks pretty boring on the first 3 episodes.

The ef Tales series
    - Watch this. Lots of people recommend it.

Hatsukoi Limited
    - Too much romance, some ecchi, more focus on each of the characters development, a school life based anime.

Lovely Complex
    - Unrequited love between two people, lots of comedy.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S1 & S2
    - Worth to be watched, although a bit confusing from the start.

[/b]Midori no Hibi[/b]
    - a story where a girl goes coma and in the next morning she 'wake up' on the hand of the boy he loves, good storyline, lots of comedy, as well nice theme song.

Ouran Highschool Host Club
    - Haven't watch it, but looks good though.

Special A
    - A story of a girl who enrolled to a school for rich students, and got placed into a 'Special A' student union, or something like that.
    Romance+comedy.

The Sacred Blacksmith
    - An adventure, sword slicing anime, and has lots of comedy in it.

There are more, but I think this is enough.

3. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

The Tenchi Muyo OVA is always good, kinda confusing at first but still good. If your into Mechas I suggest The Big-O or Eureka Seven, both are some of my all time Favs. I could list a hell of a lot more but you need just ask if you want me to.

4. ulikepie

ulikepie Well-Known Member

Well I recommend Katekyo Hitman Reborn! because I think it's awesome. XD

5. khaos_dragon89

khaos_dragon89 Active Member

Well...

I recommend Durarara!!

There's lots of good looking guys, two main girls. At first Anri may seem like a typical Japanese schoolgirl with a huge rack, but she gets pretty cool later on. Then there's Celty. Celty is one of my favorite female characters in an anime. And she has no head. That's right she's just your typical headless Irish Grim Reaper.

Also the Tenchi series is good, it's mostly full of girls, and one main guy(who I guess is adorable in his own way? But he's rather average looking). But it's a harem anime, and personally one of the best ones out there.

Then there's an oldie Urusei Yatsura. Lum is my all time favorite anime female. Celty is my second favorite.

Ranma 1/2 is also good. Has strong willed girls, good looking guys and martial arts. It was made by the same gal who made Urusei Yatsura and Inuyasha so you might like it. I'd also suggest another of her works, Maison Ikkoku but that...Well most people find that show boring, at least from what I've seen. I like it though.

Another series that has an awesome female character is HareGuu/Hare+Guu/Janguru wa Itsumo Hare nochi Gu/The Jungle Was Always Nice, Then Came Guu. Basically Guu is...Awesome. She's not human, she's just Guu. She looks like a little girl, and when you first see her you think she's just a normal little girl. If by normal you mean she can eat creatures, people and anything and she has an entire world inside her stomach. She can basically do whatever she wants, she's like the Haruhi Suzumiya of the series except she knows she's practically God, or in Hare's case a MONSTER. Hare is a little boy who lives in the jungle with his mother. Then his mother wants to adopt Guu and then all hell breaks loose from there. Only Hare seems to know that Guu is not normal, since she tends to torment him most the time anyways, but for some reason he tries to keep Guu's weirdness/non human-ness a secret. So they go on crazy adventures.

Another recommendation is something of not so guilty pleasure of mine. Soul Hunter, anime adaptation to Houshin Engi. It's...Horrible for an adaptation, but as it's own anime it's nice. Which is why I like it. I think of it as a separate series from the manga, which I love so much I can call it my number one favorite manga(tied with xxxHolic and Detective Conan of course).

Which reminds me...Anything CLAMP is good too. xxxHolic, Cardcaptors/Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles etc. However the Tsubasa anime like Soul Hunter isn't as good as the manga, and they go in a completely different direction in the second season, as it got a little more violent so they made up a bunch of anime only episodes and gave it an anime only ending. Not to mention while I don't mind the dub, the sub is still better. (I'm not one of those SUBS ARE BETTER THEN DUBS freaks don't worry, in fact I really like the xxxHolic dub so much I suggest whichever one you'd get more enjoyment out. Both are great. The second season isn't dubbed yet though for xxxHolic, but the movie is, the Tsubasa movie wasn't bad either and that's also dubbed).

Detective Conan/Case Closed anime is superb too, nearly all the females are likeable, even Sonoko who you'd either love or hate. I know my one friend likes Sonoko. I forget her English name, as I tend to watch Subs, though I own the first, third, fourth and fifth season on DVD in English. There are more episodes subbed then dubbed that's why.

Kikaider is also good, it's not very long, though neither is Durarara!! but that one is still ongoing(Not Kikaider). It's about a robot with a conscience circuit(basically a heart/soul in my opinion)trying to defeat an evil organization while trying to come to terms with who and what he is.

Good slice of life shows are Binbou Shimai Monogatari, Minami-Ke and Aishiteruze Baby. There's some more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Then there's also Cyborg 009, D Gray Man, Super Gals and Slayers.

That's all I can think of now, if I can recall anymore I'll tell you.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would highly recommend these two anime above. ^

Also, Cowboy Bebop and Afro Samurai are very excellent anime as well.

7. CrashmanX

Indeed, we seem to have similar interests my good sir. I love Bebop.

8. If you love slice of life anime, just watch Key Anime like Clannad, Air, Kanon. You won't regret it because there are so many moe girls which i like the most XD

9. amuletneko

amuletneko Well-Known Member

SECONDED!!

i recommend it if you like plot twists ;D and ballpen jabbing action :D but i think, there's only one episode for that unless they decide to do vol. 6 of the novel :p

and KHR! KHR is niiiiiice~ even the fillers are awesome~ xDD

10. Kaichi

Kaichi Well-Known Member

Hakuoushi is great if you're into samurai animes set in the edo period. Dattebayo recently began subbing this one.

11. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favour and watch every fucking Studio Ghibli film except for Earthsea.

ELfen Lied and Keroro Gunsou FTW

12. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Soul Eater. A great anime that has NO FILLERS!

13. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Oh yes, Soul Eater. Great anime.

Code Geass is good to. A bit like gundam, but with smaller robots and less fighting.

Katekyou Hitman Reborn. MUST WATCH. Its as popular as Bleach and Naruto. 1st season is dumb , season 2 onwards the anime is awesome.

14. CrashmanX

Never seen Soul Eater but I have heard good things, how ever dont you dare compare Gayass to Gundam. Gundam is far far greater and way more awesome. Also, yes Reborn is pretty good but no, its not nearly as popular as Bleach and Naruto.

15. Chaellexe

Chaellexe Active Member

one piece 449 episodes and every week release
    Gundam Wings
    Naruto Shippuden 148 and still counting
    shaman king 49 episodes

there is blue dragon, i dint like it but friends recommend it to me so maybe you'll like it

16. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

The second episode got me hooked.
    The first episode was so damn confusing but it was still good.

17. CrashmanX

The only thing worth watching on that list is One Piece, everything else is just..... crap.

18. Daowiies

Daowiies Well-Known Member

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.
    I wasn't expecting anything after watching the normal one.
    This one owns it :D
    Watching it starting from the Brotherhood series is fine too, I guess its a remake? :L

19. CrashmanX

Not a remake, a re do. The first FMA Anime was its own story not based off the manga. Brotherhood is an almost direct Manga to Anime conversion. Its far superior to regular FMA.

20. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Did you watch Full Metal Panic?
    I liked it, it's with Robots, weapons, blood, fighting, a sort of army, humor, romance.
    It's pretty fun.
    And I also think you like the main female character, don't make her mad, or she's gonna kick or punch you really hard :p Or, well, she just kick the main guy :p