1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need help.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BigBabyChips, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBabyChips

BigBabyChips Member

I don't know if this was posted or not if it was sorry just delete it, but I am using an ePSXe emulator and I can't get Rugrats: Search For Reptar to work on it can someone help me out.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

More details, version, plugins etc.

3. BigBabyChips

BigBabyChips Member

umm all i know is the folder it is in is epsxe160 and in the plugins folder it has gpuPeteD3D.dll, gpuPeteDX6D3D.dll, gpuPeteOpenGL.dll and just some text documents and the game only has a .mdf and .mds files the other games i have either have .bin, .cue or both and as for the game not working it doesn't show up in the list of games i have. if you need anymore info just tell me.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Load the .bin, for the .mdf, use ePSXe 1.7.

5. BigBabyChips

BigBabyChips Member

wasn't the .bin supposed to come with the download though?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. The MDF is an image file as well. ISO, BIN, IMG, MDF, they are all Disk Image (Copy) files.

ePSXe 1.6 cannot use MDF files. So you need to get a program like Daemon Tools and mount the image to a virtual drive and trick ePSXe into thinking you have a CD Drive with the Disk in it. Or you need to upgrade to ePSXe 1.7.0 which adds MDF/MDS file support.

7. BigBabyChips

BigBabyChips Member

oh ok thanks for the help i should be able to figure out how to set up the new version of ePSXe

8. BigBabyChips

BigBabyChips Member

ok nvm when i unzipped it and tried to run it it says "This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" and i deleted it multiple times and it keeps telling me the same thing can you help me with this

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

google 'zlib1.dll', download the file, and put it in the ePSXe folder.

10. BigBabyChips

BigBabyChips Member

alright thank you all for the help I'm sure I sounded like an idiot since I have had to download .dll's before lol but I downloaded everything i needed for it and i got it to work. I thank everyone for the hlep again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.