1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need help with putting cheats on my DS with R4 SDHC

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jiminy Crickets, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

I need a few cheats on there for my 4 year old daughter. I have no clue on how to go about it because I don't use cheats and have never tried it before but I see she is going to need a couple. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Go to http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ and download the latest cheat.dat file, and place it in the _system_ folder. I believe the R4 SDHC can use either cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat, but either has to be in the _system_ folder.

3. Jiminy Crickets

OK, I see that I already have a cheat.dat file in the system folder. How do I enable the cheats then? Thanks. :)

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe when you highlight a game, it should come up with an Icon saying "Press Y" to enable cheats. At least, that's what the R4 SDHC website says.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You are better of with usrcheat.dat in _systems_ folder, it has loads of chat's and will be auto there when you hi light your game

6. Jiminy Crickets

OK, I took the usrcheat.dat and switched it with the cheat.dat the was in it already and now I get the Y Cheat option. Thanks. I really appreciate the help. :)

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You can use cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat both in the same place!

8. Jiminy Crickets

Oh, OK thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.