1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i need help with my wifi.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raison Detre, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Raison Detre

Raison Detre Member

Hello, im new to this website forgive me. I have three questions.

1. Does timming a rom affect wifi?

2. What are clean dumps, does it also affect wifi?

3. Im currently using M3 DS Simply, but for some reason, games like Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters that support wifi never seems to work for me. I always get an error code 51300 or something like that. On the box it even says "Support Wifi." Am i doing something wrong?, please help.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

trimming may remove the wifi code from the game, so don't trim roms.

3. Raison Detre

Raison Detre Member

really?...awww..man thx

4. stevo11185

stevo11185 Well-Known Member

I do not think trimming a rom removes the wi-fi. From what I have read trimming a rom is neccessary for a game that has not used up the whole of the cart. There are different sizes of cart which are limited to multiples of 32.

e.g. 32, 64, 128, and 256.

So what a rom trimmer does is trim the unused space. Say for example, Sonic Rush takes up only 29 MegaBits, trimming it would bring the size of the emulated cart back down to the actual size of the cart. This actually improves the game and will make it lag less and load faster.

Correct me if i am wrong please

5. Linkman DS

Linkman DS Active Member

If you wish to go on Wi-Fi, if you are using a wireless router and it has a security, try and set that router to WEP or no Security, be sure that the WEP code you put in is correct, if you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, I think you should call Nintendo about the code and the other problems you have encountered. The number is.... just look at the back or your DS or DS Lite (USA) and call their number through it. Their customer service is amazing. Try it out and see if it works.

6. Raison Detre

Raison Detre Member

ok thank you for the help. anymore suggestions to my problem?

7. Linkman DS

Linkman DS Active Member

Actually, I trimmed MPH (Metroid Prime Hunters) and you don't lose your Wifi Stuff. It's true! Try it out yourself oh and be sure that the name of the trimmed one is the same as the one before it was trimmed.

8. Raison Detre

Raison Detre Member

"
    so are you saying that if i have the orginal file name like "0367 - Metroid Prime Hunters (U).nds", trim it to "0367 - Metroid Prime Hunters (U)_trim.nds"
    the wifi wouldn't work if i left it how it is?

9. Linkman DS

Linkman DS Active Member

Actually, if you have the copy of the trim without the original, the save will not open for the trim because the name is not the same as the old one or the save file. So after you trim it, be sure to delete the old one and remove "_trim" or something that wasn't in the old one before it's trimmed and yes I tried the one that says trim and rename it without trim, it should work, if there's something wrong, before you do this, be sure to put game before trim on your desktop and then trim it from another file like... your Removable drive H. Trim it there and leave the game copy alone in your desktop and if you do the things right, it's a success! I'm a bit bad with grammar, lol

10. Raison Detre

Raison Detre Member

ok bro thank you for your help.. you just helped me a butt load lmao!..oh yea one last question do you know if the firmware of the M3 DS Simply affect wifi?, im using 1.07 may i ask what you are using. Thank you!

11. Linkman DS

Linkman DS Active Member

Nope, nothing bad, just the same old, lol. And how you get the latest firmware? Just download the menu? If it's that, I have the latest one

12. Raison Detre

Raison Detre Member

the link i gave u earlier, you will see it on the top. "english 1.07" But, to be honest i wouldn't update b/c i heard that some stuff will lose compatibility with the M3, do it at ur own risk.

13. Raison Detre

Raison Detre Member

Linkman

this is so lame man, i just can't get on wifi, i followed your instructions and yest no luck.. im starting to think it must be the firmware. are u using 1.03?

14. Linkman DS

Linkman DS Active Member

I'm using the latest, maybe we should talk about this on MSN or something, I'll PM you my account so we can talk about this. EDIT: Oh never mind I can just add you.

15. Raison Detre

Raison Detre Member

dang i don't have msn, do u use aim?

16. Linkman DS

Linkman DS Active Member

Can't use AIM, sign up for Windows Live Messanger and get the Windows Live, I'll give u the link, the first one is the sign up, the second is the thing where you can talk to people.

1st: http://get.live.com/getlive/overview
    2nd: http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

or use windows messenger (supplied with windows) or emessenger.net