1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i need help with installing psx games on my psp (legal of course)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bigdog194703, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdog194703

bigdog194703 New Member

im gettin really frustrated right now. all my games, except ff7, grandia, mushashi, and vagrant story works. ive been burnin the midnight oil for 3 days trying to figure out whats the problem like, ff7 gets to the opening cutscene, but gets stuck, but the music keeps playing, or on mushashi the opening cutscene goes then goes black when trying to switch to new screen. if theres anyone out there that can help please do i really appreciate it thx.

btw...i use alcohol 120% to rip files and psx2psp version 1.4 to convert to psp format

2. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Use MagicISO it works 100% of the time

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

alcohol 120% is a much better program than magiciso. The problem is most likely to have occurred during the conversion from ISO to eboot.

4. dracky w

Im not shooting you down or anything Loony but alcohol120% has crashed 5 of my Pc's and corupted 7 installations a problem ive never had with magicISO and ive never had a failed PSX->PSP before either

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you got a bad copy of alcohol then.

6. dracky w

each time i downloaded from the net(diffrent sources) and it was in the space of 4 years the only reason i used it was damontools was still very buggy

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I used alchol52%-never had a problem...

Use a slow cd read speed-going fast can do that-and damaged disc WILL prevent iso transfer...

Stick to 120%, but may I ask what format your trying them in?

Use CCD format and use the img to convert to eboot-and keep the other files it generates in the same location-should work :)

(using iso format causes me troubles-yep even crashes)

8. dracky w

i use BIN\CUE format

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I personally use IMGBurn and PSX2PSP 1.4.2 to rip my PSX collection into Eboots. Made my FF9 mutli-disc eboot and it worked without issue.

I think your problem, big dog, is not the eboot. You may just need to install popsloader on your PSP. This will let you use the POPS from previous firmware versions and let you choose the most compatible POPs for your PSX game.

Check out this list for the most compatible POPs version:
    http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List

Here is a quick guide to installing popsloader on your PSP
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/628073

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.