1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i need help switching disk on the epsxe 1.7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by YingYangster, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YingYangster

YingYangster Member

I am playing metal gear solid on th epsxe 1.7

it told me that i had to switch to disc 2 but when I tried to switch to disc 2 but it didn't work.

help please.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply, my browser crashed when I tried to post something.

Ok, so your using iso, tell me...

Are you using epsxe to directly change disc or are you using an virtual drive (daemon tools or alchol) to change disc...

Short answer-don't use virtual drive to change disc.

Use epsxe isntead on the iso directly...

Also, the game is obviously in 2 parts, you can't change disc, or iso in this case, unless you have the other iso read to go.

Hope you read this-also if you have any other info that can hel alot to your question.

3. YingYangster

YingYangster Member

i have been trying to change to disk 2 on the epsxe1.7

heres what i did:

epsxe1.7.esc>>>change disk>>>iso and i pick the second disk but it gave me a blank screen still saying "Please insert to disk 2." What do i do now.

4. notorious_ n u b

notorious_ n u b Active Member

you should try to just exit out of it completly,
    then open it back up instead of starting with disc one just start with disc 2,

instead of trying to switch it when its already running.
    that should work.

5. YingYangster

YingYangster Member

I exit the epsxe 1.7 and open it to disk 2 but when i load it it told me that "i have to switch it to disk 1." This is very confusing! I need more help.

possibly step by step instructions.

6. notorious_ n u b

notorious_ n u b Active Member

hmmmm,

im not sure then i had the same problem with final fantasy viii but i just did what i said and it worked.

maybe the file you downloaded of the second disc is corrupted?
    try downloading a different one.

7. YingYangster

YingYangster Member

The metal gear solid disk 2 work perfectly but still i need help with switching the disk.

thanx for the help.

8. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

Does the game let you save upon completion of the first disc? (Sorry, I can't remember.)

9. YingYangster

YingYangster Member

No, at the completion of disk one it said that you will have to insert disk 2 but still i need help switching disk.

10. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

Man, that just makes it harder....

Oh, how about making a save state at the "Insert Disc 2" screen, load the disc 2 ISO and then loading the save state? Maybe that'll do the trick?

11. adoncrancro

adoncrancro Member

dude i think your disc 2 file is corrupted. download a new one, preferably not from where you got it before. this site has nice ISOs, but if u got it from here then emuparadise has some nice ISOs as well. The save state thing wont work. I hope you can work it out, cuz MGS is a great game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.