1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need help please! (I have one week)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hilol4569, Aug 30, 2010.

1. hilol4569

hilol4569 Well-Known Member

My eyes aren't so good like really, for example I sit in the back of the classroom and I can't see the board (it's all a blur). I'am going into high school now and I want my grades to be better. I really need to increase my vision as much as possible in one week! if your gonna say, get glasses, my mom isn't allowing me because she says if you wear classes your eyes get attuned to it and it's hard to see without them. (she has glasses and she knows ALOT about eyes) Carrots don't work either, it's actually just a myth the british made up to foo lthe german pilots into thinking carrots made their vision better and they could see the enemy planes when actually they had radars. So I need to increase it fast!

2. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I've had glasses. My dad is an eye doctor. I don't get the reasoning against wearing them. Sure, your vision is weird when you take them off, but it goes away after a little bit, and the benefit is you can SEE normally.

3. hilol4569

hilol4569 Well-Known Member

so it'll make them better? any other ways? I might not be able to get them before school

4. PeachMilk

PeachMilk Well-Known Member

And not wearing any will magically improve your vision?

5. King Cookie

Yes. If you have the right kind for whatever problem your eyes have, your vision will improve. Also, not sitting in the back of the classroom will make it easier to see.

6. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Make cuts on your eyes and hope that you're lucky.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Dude, from experience...someone WITH experience doesn't always speak the truth.

Speak to an eye doctor, seriously...and if you play video games I do advise cutting back, my eye sight from the way I play (4pm to 2am, sure I use a 17inch screen which helps, but the damage is done, I can't see sighs at the end of shopping aisles now).

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

Your options are: Get a seat that's as close to the board as possible and pray, get glasses, or get laser eye surgery.

The last one is expensive FYI.

9. King Cookie

Plus surgery doesn't always work and sometimes seriously screws up their vision even more.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

BULLSHIT. You can't see properly without them because you NEED them.

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the "eye glasses make your eyes worse" is complete BS, like Loony said.

Most people that say it are ones that have worn glasses a lot. They see their eye glass prescription get worse and worse every time they go get new ones. They incorrectly attribute this to the fact that they are wearing glasses. But in reality it's just because their eyes are getting worse as they get older. They have no way of knowing that they wouldn't have gotten worse without the glasses. Also, once you start to wear glasses, you get used to actually seeing at 20/20 (near or even better than) and your mind becomes accustomed to what real eye sight feels like. When you take your glasses off, your eye sight may not have actually got worse than from before you were wearing glasses, but you now have the ability to compare your good eye sight to your old bad eye sight, and realize what you've been missing.

It's just like when I take my glasses off at night before going to bed. I wake up, and I don't feel like I'm not seeing well. But as soon as I put on my glasses before going to work I realize what I've been missing.

The truth is, that without good eye sight, you cannot operate in the real world. You need to be able to see in order to get simple things like your Driver's License. Good luck passing that eye exam if you can't see. I've been wearing glasses since I was 14 (currently almost 27). I needed them long before 14, but never got them until I was taking Driver's Education and couldn't see the road signs properly.

If your parents really will not allow you to get/wear glasses, I would approach your school counselor, talk with him/her about your issues, and let the school take care of the problem your parents are causing with your everyday life. If it comes down to a cost issue, they can/will help you get what you need.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

My eyesite is shitty as yours, so I have the same problem.

I have a stigmatism and I am nearsighted.
    I didn't get glasses until the end of my senior year and my vision was slowly degrading throughout high school.

Get glasses. And get them SOON!

Your vision will degrade even more if you strain your eyes, I know. So, get them or you'll have shittier eyes!

13. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

They actually can, if your prescription is misdiagnosed to be more intense than you actually need then your eyes will become worse, but it'll also give you a headache wearing the glasses so you'll know fairly quickly. Getting a pair of fitting glasses at the right prescription will definitely be the right choice here, perhaps contact lenses to avoid most high school bullying.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

As far as the Lasik goes, my uncle got it when I was in high school. I asked about it and the doctor's told me they would prefer to wait until you were in your 20s, and out of puberty, before doing it, since your eyes can/do change when you are still developing.

I then watched some videos of the surgery... and decided that I can live with the glasses. I prefer not to be awake while a miniature saw blade cuts off the tip of my eye and they burn the lens with a laser, then use a pair of needle tweezers to grab the piece of eye they cut off and put it back in place...

Avoiding sharp and hot objects has been a goal of my eyes since I was a little boy.

15. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

gouge your eyes out and put them as close to the board as possible... :)

and your mom... well... the thing about the glasses will make your eyesight worse because you get attuned to it is.... as they say...

as BS as the british pilots telling the germans that carrots can make your eyesight better....

i think pumpkins would make your eyesight better... :)

go see an eye doctor... if you can't see one then probably your eyes are... erm.. broken... :)

get it? cant see one cause its broken? LoL im as corny as ever! hah!

*ehem!!*

shuts up now...

16. dedboy

dedboy Guest

The general consensus is that you do need the specs. Your mom disallowing them is not attuned to your vision becoming tolerant to the glasses. In truth your vision will continue to deteriorate with time, with, or without glasses. The glasses are your saving grace, lasik eye surgery is garbage, and too many complications arise. My cousin had a blood vessel burst in her eye and nearly went completely blind altogether. As already mentioned, consult an ophthalmologist and get the glasses. Hypnos spoke the truth that those with more experience don't necessarily know what they are talking about. That even goes for your parents, after all they are only humans, and we all make mistakes.

17. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

I wear contact lenses.
    One dark blue and one light green.

It looks sick.

18. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i know a wizard named gandalf who can help i can get him out of the pit if someone has a giant fishing rod

19. doughboy

doughboy Guest

smear bat guano in your eyes, peel the dry skin off after 2 minutes, cut selery, add meat to a pot...............
    wait nevermind, thats a recipe, and lol you misspelled glasses.......................

20. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

see!? your eyes really are broken! hah! broken!! haha... ahw... still corny... :p