1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i need help i just got a r4 card for my ds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by farroman, Mar 18, 2010.

1. farroman

farroman New Member

hello i just got a r4 card for my nintendo ds i dont have a clue what to do i got a 4 gig sd memory with it i put ysmenu on it bit it comes up loading on the screen and nothinghappens ive read the totorals but still no work can someone please tell me step by step what to do i they have time thanks

danny

2. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

You really shouldnt get any type of R4 nowadays... Most of them are fakes, and are scams (clones that are outdated now) Acekard or Cyclo would've been your best bet, and I'm not too sure what to do with your problem. Sorry.

3. BlueSonikku

BlueSonikku Well-Known Member

If you have a R4DS that's not a clone (which it seems like your saying it's not) and if it's not a R4DS SDHC, it can only support a 2GB SD card. It can't support anything higher or SDHC.

4. farroman

farroman New Member

its in r4 gold im sure got it from shops

5. BlueSonikku

Well it should tell you what it is on the card no? A original R4DS is a black (or sometimes white) cart with R4 Revolution on the label (sometimes without the Revolution). R4 Gold..is pretty self explanatory..it ether says R4 Gold on it..or the cart is gold coloured.

In any case if it's a gold it should support Micro SDHC. Unless it's a clone. I don't know about clones much since I never delt with one. Some I heard are better then others and some can brick your DS.

Did you try running the same Firmware on a 2Gig?

6. Toshi_TNE

Toshi_TNE Member

if the 4gb card is an SDHC, try switching to a regular 2gb SD. Sometimes the clone cards mess with the files on SDHC's. It's like high capacity card aren't fully supported, corrupting your files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUU1dp5XBTc&feature=related

7. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Try it with the original firmware before messing around with YSmenu, don't run before you can walk so to speak:

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

8. PropelledFoot

PropelledFoot Member

Wow ok there are thousands of guides on youtube to set it up, all you do is go to the website on the box download the kernel then put it on the R4 which should be plugged into your computer then while in the R4 make a games folder if you wish for organization, and download away!

Do not put YSmenu on it if you have no idea what you are doing you may end up messing up your possibly fake card.

P.S what is so bad about R4's is the issue about telling which one is real because i have a real R4 and i don't understand why people hate them?

9. BlueSonikku

I don't think it's the matter that people 'hate' the original R4. I think it's just cause people like the fact that the clones can take a SDHC in any size over the R4's limit of a 2 gig SD, that and the fact that it's still being updated where the original R4's team no longer exists to update it.

With that said...people also like to point out 'fakes' cause sometimes they can screw your files if not used right, or just shoddy from the get go and brick your DS.

It' s a love/hate thing really...

I have a original R4 and have nothing against it. I still love it's menu layout as apposed to my M3i Zero.

10. farroman

farroman New Member

ok the card says on it r4 a little i in a circle ,sdhc, revolutions for ds (ndri/ndsl/nds) its a dark grey cardtrage with a gold sticker if thats any help 2 any1

11. jaimyinthahouse

jaimyinthahouse Well-Known Member

neer buy an r4 again! no one! nothing works on there ;O

12. arji201295

arji201295 New Member

-unplug your R4 from your DS
    -unplug the microSD card
    -throw your R4 card reader to the trash can
    -buy a new flashcart (i recommend CycloDS, AceKard 2i, and EDGE/iEDGE)
    -update our Firmware
    -PLAY AND HAVE A NICE DAY