1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need AR Codes for a patched Chrono Trigger DS rom

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by eaithegrimreaper, Mar 27, 2010.

1. eaithegrimreaper

eaithegrimreaper Well-Known Member

I'll be playing it on my R4SDHC, and I already know how to import cheat files and whatnot. The ID of my patched ROM is YQUE 742f2a2e, which of course is not the clean CTDS ID. Anybody know how to get cheats to work for me, or cheats that I can use for my ROM?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Download R4CCE (or any cheat database editor, really).
    http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/soft_en.html

Open up your cheat database file, and find the Chrono Trigger entry, modify the game ID of the entry, and then save the changes, and put the new database on your card.

3. eaithegrimreaper

Would I have to edit the ID to the clean CTDS ID, will it work like that?

4. TirithRR

The entry should already be the clean ID. You need to modify the entry and put the ID of the rom you are actually going to use in it, the patched game ID.

The ID is how the card identifies what games go with what codes. So the ROM and Cheat Game IDs must match, or else your card won't be able to pair them together.

5. eaithegrimreaper

Mmkay, did that. Do the codes have to be different as well? I've tried an Inf. Gil code, and I got white screens on startup. This is a Patched (U) Rom, no translations, I do believe.

6. TirithRR

The codes shouldn't have to be different. Make sure you changed the entry for the U version of the game and not the J version. The J version has English as well, which is automatically selected on North American DS models.

If you want, you could use the clean ROM and instead of patching it, just enable the game fix cheat code (from the unmodified cheat database). Just make sure that cheat is always enabled and it acts just like patching the game, without having to modify the Game ID.

7. eaithegrimreaper

I'm thinking I'd rather do that, but will my .sav work?

8. TirithRR

It should. Just keep a backup in case anything goes wrong.

9. eaithegrimreaper

Okay, I'll go get me a clean rom then try everything. I'll report back if something screws up. Thanks for the help!