1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I Need a little help finding out the title of an old PC Game

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I've actually been looking for this one PC Game for ages now but the thing is I don't even know what its title is supposed to be :/

I just saw it eight years ago (2004~2005-ish) on one of those videogame review shows that used to air on G4.

The game is kind of like a free roaming game a la GTA (Grand Theft Auto) where your main character is tasked to overthrow the government and start anew based on what form of Governance and beliefs you choose for your character. Before you go off into town (so to speak) the game asks you a set of questions (I think) that will determine your beliefs. Or was it that you actually pick what stuff you believe in... I really can't remember exactly.

Anyway once you've selected your platform (beliefs and form of Governance) you are then thrown into the game where you start off by influencing others to believe your ideals by forcing them (beating them up) or by persuasion (sometimes even bribing them). It's not exactly a live action game like GTA where you can freely roam and do stuff. In this game you travel to zones or neighborhoods and do whatever it takes to have that neighborhood join in your ideals. As you do so, the game's prevailing Government will also try to win back that zone you've converted and as they do their thing you have to be a bit discreet otherwise you'll get caught and it's game over.

It's kind of an obscure title but I still want to find it as the game's concept is kind of cool.

And oh yeah... it's not Tropico and it does feature 3D Graphics albeit 2004~2005-ish standards.

EDIT:

Found it!

"Republic: The Revolution"

Thank you Youtube! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EPfkUhJSHo

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Game sounds fun :)

"Republic: The Revolution" eh? Might give it a try.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Now that I've seen gameplay videos of "Republic: The Revolution" again after eight years I can only say that the game is more of a Political Simulator than a GTA clone.

Those rough housing scenes I mentioned on my first post are actually mini game events you must do in order to gain a an ally in your Political Party and/or sector's support for your Political ideals.