1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need a Dragon Quest V patched Version

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ayreonaut, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayreonaut

ayreonaut Member

I've tried using the updated cheat.dat but whenever I replace the old one, nothing happens. Actually, the same thing happens with themes on my R4. I deleted all my old themes and added different ones that I wanted, but the old ones were still there and the new ones weren't.

If anyone knows what's happening with my memory card/R4, then I would appreciate the help, but I don't really care about themes or cheats so much, so a patched version of DQV would suffice.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure you are actually putting them on your card, and not some other folder on your computer. There's no reason that your card would keep old files you've deleted or replaced unless you weren't actually replacing them on your card.

3. ayreonaut

ayreonaut Member

I know...it's weird.

Anyways, I have a patched rom now, but I still can't get off the boat. Do I need the cheats also?

And trust me that I am in fact putting the files on the memory card. I don't understand what's going on.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Nope, you just need to play the game and talk to everyone on the ship, and listen to what they say and tell you to do.

5. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

:D this gets mentioned a lot ::)

6. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Why don't you just try to get the cheat to work? It's much easier then finding a new rom... Put the cheat file in _system_. Then when you open your game, select dragon quest press "Y", check the one that says Game Fix or something like that. Make sure you got the UE cheat database from cheats.gbatemp.net

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Remember to use the usrcheat.dat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.