1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need a badass name for my iaito

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hav0c, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hav0c

Hav0c Well-Known Member

I'm getting an iaito (an unsharpened katana used for training) for my aikido/iaido club
    this one in fact ---> http://www.swordnarmory.com/Iaito-Practice-Samurai-Sword-Stainless-Steel-Iaido-p/i-129.htm
    and it would be much appreciated if someone could help me name it, preferably a Japanese name and could you also put what it means?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Try ヒュプノス

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

ぶっかけ is pretty badass.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Nothing is more bad ass than...

ロミュレイション <- Romulation in Katakana :)

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Simple and to the point, I also like ぶっかけ.

6. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

I third this.

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

If TS would like something a little complex without sacrificing badassness: 正太郎コンプレックス

8. Hav0c

Hav0c Well-Known Member

Somehow I knew this would happen...

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Try finding a Japanese name from this site: http://www.20000-names.com/male_japanese_names.htm

10. Hav0c

Hav0c Well-Known Member

Thanks. Its nice to know SOMEBODY here wants to help.

11. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

:X
    Fourth'd.

Anyway, that's a helpful site, but I wouldn't give an object like that a human name...

12. dedboy

dedboy Guest

It's a common consensus that the best weapons actually had nicknames.

Even Jesus' sword was called Avalon.

13. darkrequiem

Yes, but I'm assuming those names are common Japanese male names ? If so, I wouldn't choose them....

I don't know....I just meant something 'epic sounding'.......

Ignore me. o.o

14. Hav0c

Hav0c Well-Known Member

yeah but Japanese names actually mean things, like Kazuhiro, means widespread peace

15. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Meh. I'd love to name a females left leg 'draw', and her right leg 'bridge'.
    That way I could ask her what time do they open.

Also work backwards for the names. Find the meaning to the weapon, then see what the name is.
    You'll be quite surprised.
    Kartazayon= redeemer. That was the name of an old sledgehammer I had. No BS.

16. darkrequiem

True, but English names are actually also meaningful.

Like Ashley is derived from a place called "ash tree clearing", it seems....Whatever that signifies, it means something XD

17. dedboy

dedboy Guest

No. Ashley signifies bitch. I've never met a nice Ashley. All Ashleys are red heads who have a raging hard on, seeking to cut off our manhood, and make us slave on a planet of coal.
    In short, never say that name online or off again. Lest ye be struck with a right 'ere plague of flesh devouring fleas... That name should be banished beyond time itself.

Havoc, your weapon, even a training one, is an extention of your personality.
    The name should fit your style, as well as your execution and technique.

18. Hav0c

Hav0c Well-Known Member

you're right dedboy, I figure I'll actually train using a little bit first.
    and Paranoia Agent you're right too, English names such as "she who shall not be named" do have meaning its just kind of lost if you use it too much.

19. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ashley Banjo would like a word with you dedboy...

Advice for Hav0c: It's not the name that counts for a sword, it's what you do with it; so go for something that fits a training sword, unless you're going to enter in competitions, in which case give it the most fear inspiring name you can think of. Are you getting it inscribed?

20. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Now that sounds like a solid idea my friend. The name will come to you later. Besides, you want people to remember the person that wields the sword, more that the sword itself. The sword's power is the power of your mind, it moves only where you choose it to go. If your mind isn't as sharp as the sword, then you'll break on first strike. 'Course I can see that you have determination, so I will say etch out your path in the winds themselves.