1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I liked the game so much, I bought it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gboyrich09, May 16, 2010.

1. gboyrich09

gboyrich09 Member

You heard me, I downloaded Heart Gold and emulated on the PC. I didn't want to spend money on a remake just for it to suck. I ended up buying the game cause i liked it so much. Romulation users should try buying the games they download, well the ones that they like.

Getting the 40$ was easy since i have a job.

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Due to contrary belief some users here do actually buy games.

3. gboyrich09

gboyrich09 Member

Yeah, i don't mean that none of us do, more of us should though..

For some reason, I liked paying for it a lot more. I got a physical cartridge, instruction booklet, a pokewalker, and a sense of accomplishment. Playing games for free feels kind of dull, but when I like the game and pay for it, it tends to feel a lot better. Like "I better play this game, i payed 40 bucks for it!"

4. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

I have a job too, but original games here is way expensive, I only have two original games, that is GTA IV and RE5 for PC.
    I think like this:
    "Why would I pay if there's a free version available?"
    And U$40,00 is like R$80,00 in my country, it's too fuckin' expensive.
    I'm not rich, I download Roms, also Cuz I don't have the console and I don't wanna waste money buyin' one.
    That's why I love this place, it let us poor people to have fun with games, that if there wasn't a free version, we probabilly wouldn't be playin' right now.
    It may work for 1st world's richies but not for people like me from 3rd world country.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

because if everybody thought like that, or if even a majority thought like that, developers would not make enough money to stay in business, and no-one would want to become a game developer, and therefore there would be no more games.

I'm hardly rich, yet I make the effort to save up to buy games I like.

6. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

But think with me:
    [​IMG]
    Don't you agree with that? XD

7. mallardman

mallardman Active Member

I bought soulsilver for the pokewalker. If more game companies innovated with technology like the poekwalker we would probably buy more games.

8. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I buy the games I like, though i don't like too many. If the games are decent, I keep them. Once I beat a game, I trash it unless it has crazy replay value.

To me, the pokewalker is a joke. You can strap it onto almost anything that moves and you get free steps. Just like every other pedometer.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm not rich and I live in a first world country. Though it doesn't feel like it with the 12,000 job loss in one day in my area...T_T...

I know some people have some money to throw every now and then, but the majority of people I know are freaking struggling like hell to stay afloat and they still buy games if they have enough money...

I never have money...so I don't buy unless I have some and the game is that good (like Mad World).

10. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Tell you guys,Don't ever buy single player only game,it a waste due to the lack of multiplayer unless it is a ps3 game,well because you can't find a pirated copy.
    Halo Reach is a must buy for any FPS fan.It will have superb campaign and awesome multiplayer.
    Multiplayer=high replay value.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Most great Single player games are easily worth the 6 hour thrill ride to me and warrant a 60 dollar price point. To me anyways.

And plus me and my hubby like having a collection to look back on and play every once in a while. In fact, I'm replaying Metal Gear Solid 4.

12. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

So you're telling me games like Disgaea, which is single player, is not worth buying? I'll have you know, that game has one of the best replay values for the DS.

13. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

I know,but even that can't match the replaybility of multiplayer games.(even Deus EX)

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I know, but sometimes I find the single player a lot better than the multiplayer, games that tack on multiplayer are guilty of this. See Bioshock 2 and The Darkness.

The single player portion is fun, while the multiplayer is below average and does not extend the playability of the game.

As long as the single player portion is good, fun and just the right length (notice I didn't say extremely long because games can be so long they get boring), then I find the single player portion worth it.

15. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You bought a video game, congrats i guess.

16. gboyrich09

gboyrich09 Member

I mean i also think of it as a thank you for Gamefreak, who's kept me entertained fighting little creatures since i was like 10 years old.

Disgaea is another game i liked then bought. NIS deserves that money, they work hard on a game.

17. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

When you buy a game that's good it's pretty satisfying, like you got this hard-won achievement or trophy.

My parents are doctors and even we're struggling to keep afloat, especially since so many people have been getting laid off. I don't think the majority of those living in developed countries are doing so well, either. The Euro's doing better than it was before, but it's still pretty weak, isn't it? And as for America, the deficit is almost $470 billion.

18. LolsterManZ

LolsterManZ Member

I honestly think single player games are better then multi player games.Disgaea ranked in one of the best DS games according to the Guinness World Records for 2010.Some Multi players are good too.Like pokemon.But there's always one which has both and a great gameplay style and one of them is called Contra.Single mode is very nice and smooth gameplay.But the multiplayer is the best!You can play as one character as your friend plays the other.Kind of like a tag team on Contra 4.

19. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Did you say Contra? I feel old now, but I don't care, Contra was awesome.

20. gboyrich09

gboyrich09 Member

Multi or single player has very little to do with some games, PS0 is multi player and pretty good. Disgaea is awesome and single player. I get payed horribly, i work 2 days a week getting minimum wage (7.75 USD?). I remember that my main reason for not buying the games and just pirating them is because i just didn't have any way to buy them (i lived in the DR). When i came back to the US, things changed up a bit.

Besides, doesn't anybody here think that its completely wrong to download somebody's game, and not let them have some money? I mean i pour hundreds of hours into some of these games. The developers should at least get a high-five.