1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I know this has been posted before but... LoZ Phantom Hourglass. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by toffster92, May 9, 2010.

1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Whenever I get past the intro, (after Zelda jumps on the ship and link falls into the sea)
    the game lags then freezes during the purple, light, warp thing-y sequence.

I know this problem came up in the forums before but it was for an emulator.
    And all of the solutions posted aren't applicable for my R4

I have an R4i (obviously clone) and I have that clone's latest firmware. (according to the linfoxdomain site)

This is the only game I've encountered problems with on my R4
    Strangely enough, LoZ Spirit Tracks works just fine! So i think it's either firmware compatibility or the ROM itself that's the problem.

Could anyone please offer some advice? I've been trying desperately to play this game!
    (i hope it isn't compatibility issues... i'd hate to redo my firmware for just one game and then find that the others won't work anymore)

Thanks in advance!

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just because the other game works, doesn't mean that this one should. Read the Common Issues on freezing. http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. toffster92

Uhm... How do you format the SD card?

4. toffster92

Thanks! Backing up my files now...

Will update if the problem persists.

5. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

6. toffster92

Okay. So I formatted my SD card...
    And put back the files...

But...
    When I try to play the game, it lags then freezes again in the exact same scene!
    The sounds are still there but the scene is moving so slowly (like a frame per minute) then freezes then moves again...

I keep pressing all the buttons until when the skip option came out (after ten whole minutes of lagging. I tried pressing it but to no avail.

Did I do something wrong or is the ROM messed up? I know it's not the flachcart because all the other games still work. Even the high graphics ones like pokemon and Spirit tracks...

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Like I said, if other games work, doesn't mean this one should. It's irrelevant to point out. What brand of MicroSD do you have?

8. toffster92

Ok. I see your point.

I'm using a 4GB Sandisk MicroSD