1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I just got an Acekard 2, but it didn't come with instructions...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Makoto03, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makoto03

Makoto03 Active Member

Can someone please tell me how this flash card works? I have also got a 2gb microSD which i guess fits into the Acekard thing, and it came with a usb thing for the microsd. My question it how are roms patched or placed on the microsd? are they just dragged directly into it? And how do i update my Acekard? Also how do cheat codes work with this?

I have been using a G6 Lite up until now and it came with software for patching (and intructions). I'm so confused about this new card.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You won't need to patch most of the ROMs. Acekard has very good compatibility if you use the AKAIO firmware.

What you need is the latest firmware for your Acekard. It's recommended you use the AKAIO firmware, latest is 1.5
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/AKAIO_v1.5.rar
    Extract the files and put them on your MicroSD.

Then go to http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/ and download the latest loaders for the. Use the AK 2/AK 2i loaders
    Put those in the __aio/loaders folder.

Then just create a folder called "GAMES" (or anything else you want to call it) and put your games in that folder.

3. Makoto03

Makoto03 Active Member

Re: I just got an Acekard 2, but it didn\'t come with instructions...

thank you so much TirithRR!!!! Now i can finally get started.
    Post Merge: [time]1261861743[/time]
    am i supposed to place the entire '_Aio' folder on my sd or open that folder and place everything in there to the SD? Also what is that 'AKmenu2.nds' for? Do i place it in the games folder or somewhere else?

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Tirith,can you verify that when you get the new nloader files,you install them and delete the old stuff in the folder.

Im asking because you dont tell people to delete the old contents of that folder when the new nloader stuff has been installed.
    And Ive noticed my Acekard didnt work when I wasnt aware I had to do this deletion step....

5. TirithRR

I'm can't verify it because I don't have an Acekard. I just ordered on today, and another EZFlash 3 in 1 for other people in my family.
    I'd imagine that what ever you put in the loaders folder will get writen over when you put the new ones in.

And Makoto, you need to put the entire __aoi folder onto your SD, not just the contents.
    You need to put the __aoi folder and the AKMenu2.nds onto your MicroSD, not in any folder.
    The AKMenu2.nds is the menu that runs when you start the Acekard. It runs automatically.

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

OK Tirith,Im not sure if the stuff was overwritten as it would have had to have the same file-name.Maybe when your cart comes you could check and PM me.
    My cart worked perfectly OK until I stuck in that nloader files.......

7. TirithRR

The newest loaders only work with AKAIO 1.5.
    Did you change anything else?

(My acekard won't be here till Wednesday or Thursday at earliest).

8. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you still need help or not, but if you do here it is:

First you will need to decide what firmware you will be using. There are two firmwares to choose from. The official firmware and the unofficial firmware which is supposedly better then the official firmware. I recommend that you download both and see which one works for you. Both of them can be downloaded here:http://www.acekard.com/download.php

Once you have downloaded your firmware of choice you will need to format your MicroSD card. Before you do that you will have to backup you MicroSD to make sure nothing important is lost when you format you MircoSD. Formatting can be done two ways. The easier and less effective way of the harder and fully effective way. The easier way is done like this:
    -Go to "My Computer"
    -Right-Click on the icon that is your MicroSD and click"Format"

The harder and more reliable way can be completed like this:
    -Download the "Panasonic Card Formatter" here:http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html
    -Run the program and format your MircoSD inside the program.

Once your MicroSD is formatted go to the .ZIP folder you downloaded before. Extract or unzip the folder to a new folder elsewhere on you PC. Once you have done that you will need to go to the folder where you extracted the files to. Now there should be a file named ak_menu.nds or something like that and a folder named _aio*. Once you have found them minimize that window. In a new window open your MircoSD, and put the _aio* folder and the ak_menu.nds file in the root ,or base, of you MicroSD card.

Your AK2i is now ready to run! I suggest you make separate folders to organize your movies, music and games. Enjoy!

*If you have any games from your old MircoSD before you formatted it now is the time you put the important files back on.

9. Makoto03

Makoto03 Active Member

So i put my folder for games in the Root of the microsd or inside the _aio* folder?

10. slingshot182

On the root. PM me if you have any more questions.

BTW are you trying to run your AK2i on a DSi running 1.4 or higher if so PM me so I can give you instructions on how to update your AK2i so it will run with you DSi.

11. Makoto03

Makoto03 Active Member

Thanks Slingshoot. I have it working on my DS lite now.

12. slingshot182

No problem. Glad to help. :)

13. yumichan808

yumichan808 Member

I was actually looking at this site before, https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21445.0
    and I started comparing and there is quite alot of difference... what is moonshell and do we really need that? is it like that loader tirrith was talking about? I was actually talking with my cousin, and he said that we really don't need all these programs, just drag the game into the micro sd card. is that true?

14. slingshot182

No, you need firmware in order for your card to work. View my above posts on how to get your firmware running.

On your question about moonshell, it is a multimedia program for flashcarts that allows them to run music and movies.

Hope it helps

P.S.You might want to separate your posts more, that one was a little hard to read.

15. Makoto03

Makoto03 Active Member

i didn't bother putting the moonshell thing on my Acekard, because i can't imagine the quality for the videos to be that great. But i do like the fact that i can customize the Acekard with different shells.

16. slingshot182

Yeah I didn't put moonshell on mine either.

P.S. Let me know if you need help with skins.

17. Makoto03

Makoto03 Active Member

The skins are really fun. I was so used to having to watch the same boring backgrounds everytime on my G6 lite. My only problem is that some skins i got from the official Acekard website weren't properly put together and caused my flashcart to freeze up when i changed to it. Luckily, i can be fixed by simplying deleting that particular skin from the SD card. But its a real hassle when i switch to the bads skins when i'm at a friends house and unable to use the computer and remove the bad skin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.