1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I just bought an AceKard 2i and I'm having a difficult time setting it up

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by DoctorHorrible, Feb 25, 2012.

1. DoctorHorrible

DoctorHorrible New Member

I have a Nintendo DSi and it has 1.4.1u installed (that's what it says in the bottom right corner under "System Settings" on the top screen.)

I had a MicroSD card (not SDHC), I put it into my computer, downloaded AKAIO (latest one from AceKard's website), extracted the _aio and the akmenu4.nds to the root, and I also updated the loaders. I made a folder called GAMES in the root and I ejected the card. I put it into the AceKard cartridge and put it into my DSi. The DSi reads it but it's just a blank DS cartridge icon, when I click on it, it will load a black screen and give me the following error:

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details."

On the AceKard's website there seem to be special firmware for the DSi, but there's no instructions anywhere on what to do with it? I put it in the root and it has no effect.

Any and all help is appreciated

EDIT:

This doesn't occur on any other games, if that means anything.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ok.

What you need to do, is to patch your card. This means downloading the file and updating it on a DS or DS Lite
    Follow this tutorial:

1. Format your SD card using the Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1
    2. Download my AceKard Package
    3. Copy the files from the AceKard Package to the root of your SD
    4. Run the card on a DS or DS Lite
    5. Select the 'AK2i DSi 1.43, 3DS 3.0 Patch.nds' from the menu
    6. Follow the promps
    7. Reboot your DS and then insert your AK2i into the DSi
    8. Done. You are now able to use your AceKard and update to the DSi 1.4.3 firmware.

Hope this helps

3. DoctorHorrible

DoctorHorrible New Member

Thanks for the reply and the simple break down, other sites seem to be so convoluted.

I updated my DSi to 1.4.3 after I posted this because I went to the site I purchased from (www.ndsgamer.com) and I read the description of the item again and it says "supports 1.4.3" I figured it might not be working because my firmware was 1.4.1

Are the steps going to be the same now that my system is 1.4.3?

Again, I do thank you for the response, I'll try to find someone with a DS lite, or maybe GameStop will let me?

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yes, they are.

The site says is supports 1.4.3 because it does.
    It just needs to be updated to work with the 1.4.3 firmware.

Good luck.