1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I have a question to ask

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by diatrochoi, May 30, 2007.

1. diatrochoi

diatrochoi New Member

Is it safe to download nds rom from romulation.net because I've heard about hackers include viruses in the roms and these can make nds bricked?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Our ROMs are dumps from proper release groups. They have not been tampered with. What you've heard of happened once and is NOT a common thing.

3. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

There's not really any "proper release groups" but i'll let it slide off the roof and into the pool this time. Anyway, there are not viri in our roms because Seph uses Ubuntu to get the files don't you Seph?

4. Seph

Um no I use Windows XP to get the ROMs, but there's no vira on my comp, I'm not that retarded.

And of course there are proper releases, a dump is not always good. Sometimes there are protections added to a game to make the dumpers think all data has been dumped while in reality data is missing, that's called an underdump. While it's not very common in the NDS scene it still does happen.

5. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Doh! Even the smartest genius can easily get a virus on his computer even if he doesn't even go on the 'net! I'm pretty sure even the devil Bill Gates himself has problems with viri.

6. Seph

No I don't have problems with viri; why would I? I don't download using P2P programs such as Limewire, I don't surf shady websites, I get all my shit from torrents (which are rarely used for virus because each torrent often has a comment page) and I run Nod32. (which is a pretty decent anti virus)

People go too nuts about getting a virus on your computer, sure it happens a lot, but that's because people don't know not to say yes to the wrong kind of stuff, not to surf shady websites and don't know how to protect their PC's properly.

7. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Oh well if your an advanced user it makes all the difference, but for idiots home users, they need something good out of the box or they'll get stuck. Wait a second, how did we get to this? ???

8. diatrochoi

diatrochoi New Member

nogba's screen is too small.HOw can I make it bigger?