1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I have a problem whit my DS to get connect on WI FI

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ADGS231, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

Wil like you see topic i have a problem whit my NDS to conect to WiFi Connection, when i am putting the internet i put the pass wep and all when i finish is all GREEN but like in 15 secs the connection put RED can someone help me i wait you replay ^^.

Cya in replays...

2. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

call nintendo for info to fix your wifi or buy new ds

3. ADGS231

I not gonna call it lol, do you have another help i dont like to call nintendo stores, ^^

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You simply need a new battery-that's why calling them isn't a bad idea-if your using a flash card just don't mention your using one!

And besides, if it weren't for them, you wouldn't have one of the most revolutional devices in gaming history, it might pay to call them and ask about the problem-or better yet, ask about a new battery!

5. ADGS231

Will thanks i will do it ^^

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

don't be scared-after all nintendo is a family based company, and they have respect for anyone who's bought one of it's products.

Not that it's family run, of course XD

7. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Wait, why will a new battery help? I thought when ADGS231 said "like in 15 secs the connection put RED" he meant the connection was lost, not the power light went red. If it was the power light, mds64 is probably right, but if you meant the connection indicator on screeen went red, I think a new battery is a waste of money, unless there's something I don't know about.

8. ADGS231

But my internet on my computer dont go, the NDS is green all the time when is testing, but then like in 15 secs get down, i need a new batery?

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Colour-battery to me

If net-then isn't this the wrong place to post?

I was obviously confused-thought we were talking about ds battery lights ???

10. ADGS231

Will, sorry about puting you confused, i was talking about the conection, really sorry about puting you confused, will now that you now whats the problem of me you can help me?

11. Fredbox

So, @ADGS231, what is it that goes red? The power light or the indicator on the screen? I used to have a problem whith my old router where it would test fine but then disconnect when I actually tried to do anything. But when we got a new router, it worked fine. So is it the power light or the one on screen that goes red?

Edit: Oops, sorry I didn't see your post. It could be your router then, but it might be something else. I'm sorry but I can't help much more than that.

12. ADGS231

Will, if someone can help me i will put examples of this.

Example:

Before I do the example i gonna do the example with pokemon platinum.

1. Start the game pokemon platinum, in the principal menu you will see 4 menus.
    a. The first one say:
    CONTINUE
    PLAYER NAME
    TIME 0:00
    BADGE 0
    POKeDEX 0
    -------------------------
    b. NEW GAME
    c. NINTENDO WFC SETTING
    d. Wi MESSAGE SETTINGS

1/2. You select the letter "C" the number 3 on the menu.

2.You enter to the Nintendo WFC Setting, you gonna find 2 Menus

a. Nintendo Wi-Fi / b. Options
    Connection Settings

2/2 You select the letter "A" Nintento Wi-Fi Connection Settings

3. You enter to Nintento Wi-Fi Connection Setup, you will see 3 menus for youre connection, you select the first and you search for an acces point, you will search and you find youre internet connectiong press "A" on the NDS and if have WEP put the WEP and if not dont put it, then is gonna be testing and is gonna have this "l / ll / lll" example:

a. "l" Orange connection, is gonna go to be bad.
    b. "ll" Green connection, is normal.
    c. "lll" Green conection, is Excellent

My NDS PROBLEM: My problem is this one have the letter C like for 15 sec's, wait and wait 15 sec's my NDS, and in 15 sec's get down, what is happening, it fall, and i cant enter to play online in WiFi connections.

Now do you people understand me what i am trying to say, plz help me.

13. Fredbox

Yes, that's exactly the same problem I had with my old router. I can't help you anymore though. It started working with my new router, but there might be a better solution than buying a new router. So keep searching the internet for help, and if you can't find any, then buy a new router (but I can't promise that will fix it!).

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

15 seconds...

Do you know the router settings?

Sometimes, a dogy connection causes that, it say's it wide open, does a great connection test, but fails...

Here is my example...

I uses the nintendo wifi adapter on my laptop, which was wirelessly connected to my router, because of all that wireless interferance, it would rarly work at all!

Now I know what the problem is, your access point, is there any protection or is it unlocked?

(red lock) Password needed

(Blue lock) free-no poassword needed

(grey lock) no point trying, unless you have an dsi, but only the dsi can use these access points, ds and current ds games can't use these access points...yet.

You may need to check the router-that may be the problem-not the ds.

15. ADGS231

i am playing online now ^^ thanks all of you bring help to me but i think the topic is close because is a complete mision xD...

Now i can enter to WIFI CONNECTIONS..

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

How'd you do it?

What was the cause?

17. ADGS231

I just wait 2 days and it go on, but i take off the flash card put another one with internet and it not with it, so i put the on i have first and when i check it start. i dont now really but try this xd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.