1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I have a Acekard 2i, but is a DSTWO worth it?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by argorn5757, Aug 1, 2010.

1. argorn5757

argorn5757 Member

Also, is real hot stuff legit? that is where I would order it from because their warehouse is in New Jersey.

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

depends if youll play gba games

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

this. Because Acekard also has great compatibility. but if you have a nds, or ndsl. just get a 3 in 1 flash for playing gba. becasue the dstwo is expensive and it emulates gba. if you really want to play gba, and dont have a nds or ndsl. get a dstwo

4. argorn5757

argorn5757 Member

i have a dsi

5. innergamemaster

innergamemaster Well-Known Member

I think it's worth it...it already has alot of plugins kinda like apps on ipod touch
    right now I have along with NDS and gba, sega genesis, neogeo and gameboy colurs as plugins, and there's plenty more, free cheats is also a advantage that acekards don't have
    it might even be possible to get nintendo 64 and ps1 emulator to work.. if you go to the dstwo forum there's already people trying to make it work...but there's only a small chance they can make it work

DSTWO just release their SDK, so third party programmer do more stuff to it
    Only a few card manufacturers generally provide a SDK for their card, but this often results in awesome developments from the community. The best example would be AKAIO for the Acekard 2i

the DSTWO is capable of way more than the acekards..and the results of the release of the SDK will put the DSTWO way ahead of Acekards depending on what programmers can do with the SDK

you have to ask the people who owns a dstwo, because if they never had one than they won't understand why it's better

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I personally don't think it's worth it.
    But then again, I have a PSP that plays the majority of GBA roms flawlessly...

It's worth a buy if you're looking to play GBA roms on DSi/XL, but not on a Lite. I personally won't be buying it and probably wouldn't anyways since I can play my EZ IV on my brothers' DS'.

7. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

If you're getting it for the GBA, it's not really worth it, it's not that good. The card has promise though, with their SDK.
    I think it is though, worth it, because it has seemed to bypass any of the latest AP that have come on games. I haven't had any problems with games that needed a fix for other carts to be able to be played.

RealHotStuff is legit, it is where I got mine. 3-5 Day free shipping across the country.

8. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

yeah it is because it has more features and the acekard is a dyeing card.