1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I gotta know if anyone's ever had an experience like this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldenTalesGeek, Feb 4, 2010.

1. GoldenTalesGeek

GoldenTalesGeek Well-Known Member

This is probably really weird and random, but I really need to ask this. Have any of you had a relative who had talent that you couldn't do, but wished you could? Then, after said relative dies, were you suddenly able to do that talent, but you weren't aware of it until you discovered it by accident?

I ask this because I had this kind of experience a few years ago. When my grandma was alive, she used to wink at me with her left eye. I'd try to wink back, and failed miserably. Then, a few months after she died, I was taking some pictures with my camera, and I discovered I could close that same eye when I was taking a picture. It's almost as if she gave me one last gift.

2. teheezin

teheezin Guest

That sounds pretty weird to me =.= but.. who can't wink with their left eyes?

3. NeoStriker

NeoStriker Well-Known Member

Above -^

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I hear stories simerlar to this from time to time, I guess that they taught you, but when they were around you couldn't do it, when they went suddenly you just got the hang of it, prehaps it's the honour them subconsiously, I don't know...

Never had such an experience, don't have anyone that close to me that's taught me anything useful.

5. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

hmmm....never happen to me...strange..

6. bunnybag

bunnybag Well-Known Member

I can only wink with my right eye...

And on topic, I have never heard of something like this. Or it could be that you just needed to practice winking with your left eye and it will just happen.

I always thought I couldn't roll my tongue and I could never do it when I tried. Then one day I could do it.

7. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

I've never heard of someone not being able to wink with their left eye... It can be a bit more difficult for some, but to be just unable to?

So you're telling me... that when my cat dies, I should be totally awesome at catching rats and birds, gutting them, and eating everything except their entrails? Oh, and I'll finally get the hang of purring? (When I try to purr I sound like freakin' Arnold Meowmewnegger.) Oh, and I'll be able to lick my balls to, right? Not that I want to, but will I?

Woohoo! I can't want to be a real catboy! (Because fourteen-year-olds are still boys, right?)

8. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

He said family relatives not animals.

9. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

To be frank he's the only "family" I've got. If anyone else died in my family, I'd probably just inherit extreme religious fundamentalism. But that's just me.

Oh, but I guess I could cook...

10. jc0808

jc0808 Member

ive never had an encounter like that i can do crazy things like pull my eyelids while pushing my eyeballs back and puff my cheeks to cheek span of 30cm and other stuff that people would pay to see but nothing like that! :( :'( :-* :-\ :-X :-[ :p ::) ??? 8) :eek: :( :D ;) :) :eek: 8) ;) ???

11. jezzicaz789

jezzicaz789 New Member

Thank you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

12. Dillsan

Dillsan Member

My greatest talent is pleasuring myself. They will never build a robot that can spank my monkey with the laser precision I spank it with.

I'm a man of many talents, more than I can casually list.

13. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I've never had an experience like this. Seems very far'fetched. I would be more inclined towards the "more experience required for this feat." Although I would hardly label winking your left eye as a feat. :)

14. t@n!

t@n! Well-Known Member

lolz got that right