1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I got one hour to decide (glasses)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hilol4569, Sep 3, 2010.

1. hilol4569

hilol4569 Well-Known Member

So I'am getting glasses, but the problem is I want to have cool/nice looking glasses, not really nerdy ones. I don't want anything like uber cool just like, nice y'know, I don't want to look like a nerd (I'am 13, and also I'am getting braces in january so yeah) so can you please post pics or tell me some really non-nerdy/cool looking glasses? (I'am asian btw. yeah it's pretty obvious)

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I couldn't find the appropriate Arthur clip. Sorry.

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The fuck. Nerd shouldn't even be a word. Glasses are to help you see with ease and comfort. People criticizing is just stupid.

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...nerdy is a good thing in my opinion...

quoted for truth (thanks for posting before me -.-")

5. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I have two pairs
    -DKNY
    -Nike
    don't know the # though will look..............

6. hilol4569

Sorry. I just don't want people to make fun of me even though I need it. So any suggestions?

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Look. If I were you, I'd take the best glasses you could get that helps you. It doesn't matter if you're uncool or what. I'd rather be healthy then cool.

8. RomRomPawnch

RomRomPawnch Well-Known Member

Get a frameless. But, the way to go is to buy whatever the hell you want. If anyone makes fun of you (Doubt it, many people wear glasses now) then tell them to go to hell.

9. awesomebros

You don't have to wear your glasses all the time if you're still worried about that. They're quite useless for tasks such as going to the bathroom or cooking.

10. RomRomPawnch

RomRomPawnch Well-Known Member

Good point.

11. hilol4569

You know what? Thanks you guys for your honesty.I'll get the best I can.

12. doughboy

doughboy Guest

this guy has a point.........

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I have two pairs of glasses. One for work, one for general. (They each are also a backup for the other incase I break a pair). My pair for work are safety lenses, OSHA approved to replace safety glasses. They have larger frames (required to cover the eye completely for OSHA). My general glasses are thin framed, thin, oval-ish rectangular lenses.

If you go to the optometrist, the person at the desk will usually help you decide on glasses. They have the frames all laid out, the mirror there, etc. What matches well for you depends on your face. So there is no real way for someone to tell you what is best without actually seeing you.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I have those thin frame titanium flex glasses with the transition lenses.

They're pretty sleek and I never got crap from people.
    But I was a senior the year I got my glasses too. ::)

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would suggest you don't go for rimless or half rimmed. I had them (half rimmed) and they don't last.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

My mom and brother have those and like you said, they're not that great.
    I'm always having to tighten the hinges.

17. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much. People will get used to get after awhile and then nobody will care. If your really self-concisous, then you could go for contacts, which is what I eventually did.

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't want to poke my eye out.
    Plus, glasses are easier in my opinion.
    And you don't have to pay for more of them unless they get broken. Which doesn't happen if you're very careful with them...most of the time. ::)

19. awesomebros

The only situation where they would break is if the cool kids punched you in the face.

20. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Yes, you don't need to see the recipe properly, or the difference between the labels that say "Salt" and "sugar" when making cookies. XD

Anyway, if you're a guy (which i'm assuming) just make sure you don't get really thick glasses.

If you're a girl, worry not, millions have glasses fetishes :D Especially if you're moe.

Enough anime talk, ugh. I just started watching lucky star and I'm learning words I needn't know.