1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I downloaded a game and it doesn't work. Help please.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Harperlarp, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harperlarp

Harperlarp Member

Hey guys, love the site. Nothing like strolling down virtual memory lane. My problem is this. I downloaded Rayman for psx having loved it years ago but when I boot it up using epsxe I get to the ubisoft screen and that's it. I can hear music as if the game were continuing without me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Did you extract it?
    To an .iso?

And is your computer even able to support ePSXe?

3. Harperlarp

Harperlarp Member

I know my computer can support it since I've been playing Final Fantasy 9, Crash Bandicoot and other psx games I got from somewhere else. I did however get Mr. Domino and Bust a move 4 from this site and they work fine. I did everything I normally would including extracting it. It starts the game and gets to the ubisoft screen before the title screen and stops there, but as I said earlier I can hear music after the ubisoft music has finished. I tried pressing all the buttons and still nothing.

4. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

have happen to me, the image frezees but the music keeps going unfourtounaly I donĀ“t know why

5. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

I am not an expert with emulators, but I use the same emulator as you,

there are some games that I cannot get to play too,

whether Rayman is one of them, I don't know, as i'm not into that game

sorry I can't help further, maybe a mod can help you out

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What version of ePSXe are you using? And what Graphics Plugin are you using?

7. Harperlarp

Harperlarp Member

epsxe version 1.7.0 and I'm using pete's open gl plugin. this is the only game ive had trouble with.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin. Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 You can try Pete's D3D 1.77 as well.
    Try out earlier versions of ePSXe like 1.5.2 and 1.6.0

Start with the default "Nice" settings.

Some games require different setups to run. While many games will work with the same setup, that doesn't mean every game will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.