1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I don't know if this has been asked

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mordaki987, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mordaki987

mordaki987 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to import or convert one of the save files from say gamefaqs to a psx emulator memory .bin file? and if so how is it done? i'm just curious.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is conversion software, but I've only used the one that converts it to psp/psx emulation.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

What save files did you want to convert to really?

4. mordaki987

i'm wanting to convert a save file from gamefaqs for chrono cross to use on the psx emulator it's the only emu i can get to work properly for me epsxe just doesn't work well with windows 7.

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

psx memory cards use a .bin format instead of .mcr or whatever that epsxe uses.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This is the program you want.
    http://www.aldostools.org/memmanager.html

7. mordaki987

no mem manager program you posted doesn't work since the memory card files for psx emulator i am using are in a .bin format. at any rate i guess i'll survive jsut muddling through the game the old fashioned way lol.

8. meganova

how change the extension files .bin to .mcr?

9. TirithRR

What do you mean they are in BIN format?
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/save/196917.html

Looks like .GME format to me. Where are you getting these .BIN memory card files?

Edit:
    I see you want to convert to BIN memory files, not from. I can't seem to find any converter tool that will do this.
    Maybe they are the same format as MCR, just a different name? What happens when you change the MCR file to BIN and try to use it?

Also, what sort of problems are you having with ePSXe. Those issues might be easier to solve.

10. mordaki987

.bin card memory files are what psx emulator uses. hence i would need to convert or be able to import the save files downloaded from gamefaqs to a .bin format

11. meganova

ePSXe support any save files from other emulator.
    Try load it.

I've tried my .bin files to be used in ePSXe, and it work normally though.

and I found this converter..not sure if it's working though...
    http://rapidshare.com/files/91957821/ConvertMEng.zip

12. mordaki987

alright well can someone direct me to a guide or tutorial that will get epsxe to run without any glitches or hicups under windows 7? i've tried to use it but it just hangs on certain roms or isos i try to run. only thing i can actually get to run on the thing is rhapsody a musical adventure. as i've said i've had more luck with psx then epsxe.

13. meganova

I'm not sure if it can run well on Windows 7.

What kind of problems?

14. mordaki987

chrono cross won't run it just hangs at black screen after loading the iso. like i said the only playstation emulator i'm able to run without any glitches or problems is psx since it was the second rated playstation emulator under epsxe. i'm happy with using it only thing i can't do with it is gameshark codes or use cheats but thats cool i really only use cheats to get items or euipment.

15. meganova

What version of ePSXe are you using?
    I have searched through google, and have read all comment about it
    Many people won't have any problem when playing ePSXe in Windows 7 unless you're using the previous version, outdated plugins, wrong settings or lacks of graphic card.

16. mordaki987

17. TirithRR

Try using 1.5.2
    Use Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 or Pete's D3D 1.77 plugins. Use the default "Nice" settings.

I had Chrono Cross working with that setup. A black screen usually means bad graphics plugin settings.

But! If you cannot get Chrono Cross working try this:
    If ePSXe works with .bin memory card files, then use the memory card converter to change the downloaded save games to .MCR (so ePSXe can read it).
    Then configure the downloaded memory card as Slot 1 and the pSX memory card (in .bin format) as Slot 2
    Run ePSXe and choose "run BIOS" from the File menu.
    This will run the PSX's normal no-CD screen, which includes a memory card manager.
    Copy the downloaded save games from the Slot 1 card to the Slot 2 card.
    Exit and now you should have the downloaded games on your pSX (.bin) memory card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.