1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I don\'t understand. This COMPLETELY defies logic. (Mario and Luigi 3 related)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xcyper33, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcyper33

xcyper33 Member

Ok...so I have a save file. I've been playing this game on my computer and then I copy pasted all of the contents from my computer to my flash drive. Now here is what is so confusing to me: The SAVE file is an OLDER saved game (right before you fight the nimble bug). But I progressed further on my computer version of ROM and figured, if I save and transfer the save to the flash drive version it will then let me to progress at the latest save. But here is the mind boggling problem: The save file in the flash drive version ALWAYS is at the part where I'm about to fight the nimble bug boss. It doesn't matter if I delete the ENTIRE Emulator and its contents off of the flash drive and recopy the game back to it. The flash version will have an earlier save, and the computer version will have my latest save data. How the heck can I fix this?! :-\
    Post Merge: [time]1266928100[/time]
    Let me add that moving the file ANY where outside the original directory will alter the save and revert it back to an old save. What the hell is going on?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Which emulator?

3. xcyper33

xcyper33 Member

I'm using No GBA and No Zoomer

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

If you have both an old save and a new save, delete the old sav. the old save is probably overwriting the new save by default.

5. meganova

Here's what I suggest you to do, the simplest way.

Redownload all the no$gba2.6a and no$zoomer2.3.0.2
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

Extract all into the savme folder.
    After that, copy the BATTERY folder(the original copy)
    to the new folder(the fresh copy).

I'm not sure what's going on, but maybe you have another save file for that game.. maybe.
    Try what I've suggest first.

6. xcyper33

xcyper33 Member

savme folder? Also I can provide pics if you want.

7. meganova

Have try what I've suggested?
    If it still not working,
    Some screenshots of your folder might be good.

8. xcyper33

xcyper33 Member

Re: I don\\\\\\\'t understand. This COMPLETELY defies logic. (Mario and Luigi 3 related)

Was savme folder a typo? Did you mean same?
    Post Merge: [time]1266980050[/time]
    The one on the left is the folder containing everything you told me to download, and
    Post Merge: [time]1266980401[/time]
    Got damnit that didn't go through. Ok let me sum this up: One on right has the proper save file, moving the files anywhere besides that specific file gives me an old save (the one on the left)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8799/picture1ma.png

9. meganova

Sorry, didn't realize that.

10. xcyper33

xcyper33 Member

Re: I don\\\\\\\'t understand. This COMPLETELY defies logic. (Mario and Luigi 3 related)

Do you have a better understanding about the situation bro?
    Post Merge: [time]1266987112[/time]
    Anyone?!
    Post Merge: [time]1267004776[/time]
    Can someone please help me on this? This has never happened before or something?

11. meganova

Try moving the BATTERY folder only,
    From the 'latest save' folder(which you claim the right one) to the one with 'new save' folder(the left one).

Don't drag and drop, use right click copy, and then paste.

12. xcyper33

xcyper33 Member

I fixed it. What I did was, I deleted every save file from all of the folders that had no GBA. I accessed my latest data's file and selected 'Save battery file' in no$zoomer. I transfered the newly saved file to the others and it worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.