1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I disagree with some genres of some games...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kamage, May 12, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

For example: The Phoenix Wright series, I'd say it's more graphic novel, opposed to Adventure....

and we should have the sub category of Hero, for things like Iron man

and RPGs should be classified into the playing style they have, like Roaming, or Classic

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can always just mark it as a bad genre :) They set one of the Phoenix Wrights to action I think. Hero's not really a genre though..

3. crimsondeath00

crimsondeath00 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Too many games are considered RPGs nowadays.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

no, but Hero, I mean it's based on a hero-type game, but it still under Action

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Game generes are only suposed to give a general idea, having too many its just plain stupid. I mean thats what tags are for. RPG stands for role playing game, so technically any game where you play as a central character is an RPG, having different classes of RPG is a good idea, however Hero is not. Action suits the ironman game just fine.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Almo's argument kinda reminds me of the topic Calvin_0 & I fought with regarding what is an RPG. He said the same thing, any game where you control the central character is an RPG, then I said, "So then Super Mario Bros. is an RPG?"

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, mario bros is a sidescroller/platformer. you do not play *AS* mario, which is the distinction. RPGs are played in-character.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Usually I require a game to contain some form of interaction with your character to be an RPG, a game such as Mario 64 for N64 is not an RPG because all you do is see it from inside your character, you don't interact with it in any way through levels or stat points.

Also, instead of complaining to us about genres then flag them so we can actually do something about them...