1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I can play Wii games with sd memory?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by humbear, Jan 14, 2013.

1. humbear

humbear New Member

I want to know if I can download roms here used to play on the Wii

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Your Wii needs to be hacked, and the only games you'll be able to play via SD card is anything from the online store, so VC and WiiWare.

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

and GCstuff, but you can also do that via USB

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Play stuff via USB.
    A lot easier than SD. And you will be able to store a lot more data on them if you buy a portable harddrive for your Wii.

5. Artificial Juice

Artificial Juice New Member

yes you can, but your wii needs to be modded.(which only requires any 2gb sd card)

i have a hacked wii and i was able to back up super paper mario and new super mario bros and play them from my SD card since they are the smallest wii games in size.
    you can also use a usb. you don't need those expensive hard drives. most wii games are 4gbs so it's pointless. just buy an 8gb usb from radio shack.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It isn't pointless. Do you really want to have to delete and copy a game to play on the Wii each time you download an ISO?
    Sure, an 8GB USB is fine if you're planning to only play one game. But if one wants to play multiple ones, them you get a HDD.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ehdds are not that expensive, and if you keep erasing and reloading stuff on a usb you'll wear it out. you could do that all day every day for decades with an ehdd and it won't wear out.