1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I am clueless. Can some please fill me in.

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by SaveMeJeebus, Aug 20, 2013.

1. SaveMeJeebus

SaveMeJeebus Member

I plan on purchasing myself a Nintendo 3DS XL just as I want to play Pokemon X or Y - I have yet to decide. I want to also play Black 2, Heartgold, and Platinum. Upon doing a little bit of research I have learned that Supercard dstwo is one of the best flashcarts out that works on a 3DS XL. Unfortunately I have also found out that both Black 2 and Heartgold have anti-piracy measures - someone mentioned not gaining exp, while another person mentioned they freeze. However, others are saying they are having no problem themselves, but then one person is saying to use a patch version, while another person is saying to use a pre-patched version. So what is? Do they work or not?

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Okay.

Yes, most Pokémon games have AP and you may not gain EXP.
    From the best of my knowledge, it would be wise to patch your ROM (or download a pre-patched version.)

If you want to patch it yourself, download the ROM from here. Then go about following the instructions in this tutorial.

If you want to download the patched version (I.E. pre-patched), you can also download it from that thread I linked you to (this one). All the download links can be found at the bottom of the first post.

Note: The pre-patched version is a version that someone has patched and then uploaded. Patching a clean ROM yourself will basically make a pre-patched (patched) ROM. We use pre-patched when it's uploaded somewhere and one can download it.

Note #2: Remember, the SCDS2 can't play 3DS ROMs. It can only play DS ROMs (on a 3DS console). Just keep that in mind. If you want a card that can play 3DS ROMs, then you can get the Gateway 3DS. A review can be found here.

[hr

Whew. I think that covers just about everything.

3. SaveMeJeebus

SaveMeJeebus Member

Thanks for you response Xenirina!

I used to have a Cyclo DS and I never had any problems gaining experience with the old Pokemon games. I just assumed that maybe with the later generations they upped the anti-piracy measure.

Upon posting on the Supercard DSTwo forums some there mentioned that a clean room is better xD. I guess I could always try both though!

I knew the Supercard DSTwo did not run 3DS games. I also saw a few discussions of the newly released Gateway that does. I will have to now look around for a UK seller, so far little luck :X

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Clean ROMs work some of the time and the other time patched ones ;)

http://eng.supercard.sc/dealer.htm

That might be of use.

5. SaveMeJeebus

SaveMeJeebus Member

Thanks. Lets see who delivers quicker :p.

I am curious to know if Gateway 3DS also plays DS games?

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yes and no.
    The Gateway card itself does not, except the package comes with another card, the 'blue one' that can play DS backups and homebrew.

For more information, have a look at the DS-Scene or the GBAtemp review of the card.

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You have a gateway 3DS? And yet you're asking in the other topic you made, whether it'd be worth buying R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe to play Pokémon Y?