1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I am a idiot. :B Please don't shout at me? I am new to this Romulation thing...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Quote-Reporter, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quote-Reporter

Quote-Reporter New Member

Before anyone chews on me, I DID looked for any topics similar to mine and did not found them. If they are out there, than direct me and give me a pat on my head to reassure me and make me feel less of a moron that can't read. And this section seemed the best place to be asking thoses type of questions.

Alright. Since I badly have any money to buy a DS, let alone the newest game Pokemon Goldheart/silverheart or the Pearl/Platium/Diamonid verson.... I decided I'd try and download it. After all, all my money, I collect them to buy a new computer for university. But you see, the thing is....

I am afraid. Cowardly afraid. So for a year I lurked, trying to find how to download it for free and how to play it. Unfortuantly.... I don't understand. So I decided: Go ahead and ask.

Even if I look like a idiot in the progress.

I have read the step-by-step... or that's WHAT I think is the step-to-step to download it. @_@ I am currently downloading Pokemon Goldheart as a 'guest', but.... I was wondering... is there anything I need to download first before it to be able to play it. How do the hell I open and play it?

Which type of emulator would I need to play Pokemon goldheart, or does it comes with the download file?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No$GBA 2.6a is the best NDS emulator currently available, you should be able to find it on these forums. Don't get your hopes up, however, as NDS emulation is hit or miss, especially when it comes to 3d games. NDS roms may emulate fine, slowly, badly or not at all depending on the game.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can find a link to No$GBA 2.6a in the Common Issues thread.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0
    You can also find a link to the addon No$Zoomer, which increases compatibility and lets you increase the size of your game window (but that lowers the quality of the image).

This post here covers the issues with Soul Silver and Heart Gold:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=22674.0

This thread has links to Anti-Piracy patches and English language patches:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=23083.0

Any further problems with this particular game should be asked in the Sticky thread covering these Pokemon game issues.

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Well, Pokemon Heart Gold is a DS game so you need a DS emulator. The best one is called No$GBA 2.6a. Just google it to find out more. So you need to download it and install it. Then you use the emulator to load the game (the file that ends with .nds). You might need to change some settings on the emulator, or it may be fine. To find out more, there's loads of stuff on the internet about getting No$GBA to run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.