1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I a noob: How do emulaters and roms work together?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by caddiewarrior, Jun 6, 2010.

1. caddiewarrior

caddiewarrior New Member

Ok so I had a taste for Animal Crossing the other day and I couldn't find my disc. I don't know why but I thought of trying it on my computer like this. However I only had an emulator once before and it was to run only sega games. So if someone would like to take the time out to help me through this problem I'd greatly appreiciate it! Thanks!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Emulators run the Roms/Isos from the system they are designed to emulate.

If you want specifics, you need to mention what system, games, etc, you are trying to run.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Well, he said Animal Crossing and a disc, so that narrows it down to two systems; Gamecube or Wii

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No. He was referring to playing it on his computer I think.

But if you have a Wii check here if you want to play burned GC/Wii games on it. - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411

5. LuckyTrouble77

Okay, let me break this down, it seems simple enough:

He's asking how emulators and roms work together. That implies that he is looking for an emulator to use on his computer.
    He mentioned Animal Crossing and a disc which implies that he wants either a GC emulator, or a Wii emulator.
    Nowhere does this imply that he wants to burn an ISO to play on his gaming hardware.

Lets not forget they mention having had an emulator on their computer before.

Just look at that first post carefully.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know what they're asking for.
    I mean that if he has a Wii, then modding it is the way to go for playing GC/Wii games rather than using an emulator which may lag or not even work entirely due to his computer specs. :p

7. LuckyTrouble77

Might as well give him both solutions. Not everybody wants to mod their Wii (though I don't know why they wouldn't), so emulation might just be the way to go.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

True.
    I find it more profitable, especially being able to play burned GC/Wii games directly from the Disc Channel. :)

And if you can shove a few GC games on a DVD5 disc, you're in for a good time.

But, yes, emulation is probably better if you have a good computer and no DVDs or Wii.