1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Huge blast at one of Nihon's Nuclear Plants.

Discussion in 'General News' started by Tanuken, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Tanuken

Tanuken Well-Known Member

A massive explosion has hit a Nihongu nuclear power plant where a meltdown is feared as a huge relief operation continues after Friday's devastating earthquake and tsunami. Residents were toled to move 10km away from the surrounding area.

It is fortunately not a Nuclear Explosion and radiation levels are dropping.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

So who caused the devastation this time? Godzilla, Ultramen, or Giant Robots?

Unwarranted joke aside...

I feel bad for the Japanese, these series of disasters are very unsettling indeed :(

Nature really doesn't take any sides, rich, poor, third world, developed... none of these matter when nature decides to have a fit & vent her anger :(

3. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

According to some news caster, this is said to be the most expensive natural disaster in HISTORY...

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Until the long overdue earthquake hits americas west coast.

5. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

It's apparently supposed to happen very soon

6. msg2009

I wouldn't worry about it, the world ends next year so were all gonna die anyway.

7. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

A nuke reactor going boom isn't a natural disaster.

But Japan got messed up. First a massive earthquake and now a large portion of its nuke reactors are failing from it. Correct me if im wrong, but didn't they have to flood three reactors with sea water (Which ruins them) in order to keep them from overheating and going boom?

8. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

The meltdown lowdown for all you idiots

Yeah because we can predict where and when earthquakes will occur...wait

Then obviously that wasn't the natural disaster Toffee was referring to.

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

its obviously Godzilla, the meltdown warning is just a cover up story.

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Could all this be related to the Supermoon that's coming on March 19?

11. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/03/11/no-the-supermoon-didnt-cause-the-japanese-earthquake/

12. Stanley Richards

I didn't even have to click the link, but I did any way. Thanks, that's cleared that out.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

My anime geekhood got the best of me, I thought you said Sailormoon was coming back on March 19...

Cahos Rahne Veloza* Slams face on the desk...

14. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

Perhaps but this topic is about a nuke reactor almost going boom, not the massive earthquake that started that entire mess for Japan.

15. msg2009

The earthquake caused the reactor to explode so it is totally relevant.

16. toffster92

When trying to measure the damage that follows a natural disaster, you take into account the damage just as the disaster hit, the damage right after and any other lingering factors associated with it, including structural weakening caused by the disaster.

Take for example, Hurricane Katrina. The damage caused when the storm hit was incredible, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth. But, the real hard-hitter came a few day AFTER it hit, when houses, which were relatively far away to not be damaged directly, became infested with mold. Thousands of houses were abandoned and the property values crashed severely.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

umm are people actually aware that the reactors have not exploded? some of the buildings have been destroyed but the reactors themselves are intact, and the chain reactions have stopped so there is no danger of a nuclear explosion. There is no risk of Chernobyl scale radiation contamination either, the risk is localised.

18. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

Wow People at my school are retarded
    a Nuke exploded in Japan's waters causing the Earthquake
    It made me laugh a lil and a wtf moment

If you guys haven't heard yet
    Nexon is giving 100 percent of their sales to Japan and 1.2 million dollars o_o

19. Stanley Richards

100%? What? Even Blizzard won't attempt something as stupid as that.

20. toffster92

I wouldn't call helping millions of devastated families stupid.