1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to work gc roms

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gameboy5.0, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

ok every time i download a gc rom it does not work right it ether mess up or some thing went wrong has any one had any lucky with the roms and if they can tell menhow to work them right

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Can the be extracted? Or are they corrupted when you download?

What emulator are you trying to use?

3. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

ok when i try to extract the file it will make a folder then there another file that is for winrar and when i try to extract that one it dose not work

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It should be a disc image inside the winrar file. And you need to run that with your emulator.

5. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Before I try and help out, what are GC ISO's like, here at RomUlation?

When the ISO's are first extracted, does that make several more ISO's? If so, then follow this:

1. Extract the downloaded rar file with winRAR. Right click the file and click "Extract Files".

2. That should make a new folder which should either contain the 1.35GB .iso/.gcm file, or it should make a new folder which will contain several more compressed files.

3. If you ended up with the .iso or .gcm file, then all the extracting is complete. If you eneded up with even more compressed files, go to the first compressed file in the window and once again right click and click "Extract Files". Once all the parts are extracted, there should now be a new folder where it SHOULD contain a 1.35GB .iso/.gcm file.

Sorry, if I gave the incorrect information, but my experience of downloading GC games from Romulation is VERY low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.