1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to watch vids/songs on TTDS?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by omar_22, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omar_22

omar_22 New Member

I have a TTDS and i wanna noe what program i can use to play music or watch movies on.
    PLZ Help!!

2. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

Re: How to watch vids/songs on TTDS??

there's a program called moonshell that is an all around media player.

to play movies: you will also need a program called batchDPG which converts your movie files into .dpg which moonshell can read and play

here's a basic tutorial on how to that i got from another forum a long time ago i have saved on my cp

1. Download Moonshell, and unpack the files onto your micro sd.
    2. Download BatchDPG, and use it to convert the movies you want into the format the Moonshell will read.
    3. Put the fully converted movie into your micro sd.
    4. Turn on your DS, and click on Moonshell.nds.
    5. Click the movie, and it should run by itself.

As for audio..it supports just about any audio file...so you just need to put some music on your cart and you're good to go

i would make a Video/Audio folder on the root of your microSD card though....it'll just make finding what you want easier in moonshell (it's easy in the first place though)

if that small tutorial isn't detailed enough, i can post another one i have that's really in depth

3. adfk

adfk Well-Known Member

hey, what about R4? I tried to put music on and it didn't work (yes, it has moonshell).

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Did you actually use Moonshell to play the music, or did you think Moonshell makes the R4 play music itself? And what format is the music? MP3,WMA etc

5. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

also, I would make sure you have the latest versions of moonshell and the R4 firmware just incase

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Use Moonshell which accessible via the Media button on the menu, to play compatible formats. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoonShell

7. adfk

adfk Well-Known Member

oh... i better check and also, I did mp4 files so yeah. i'll try mp3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.