1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How To Use Sav Files

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by hethann, Oct 23, 2009.

1. hethann

hethann Well-Known Member

i have downloaded a sav file and now is wondering how to use it on my sav file

2. heyg

heyg Member

just place it into the micro sd with the rom..

3. hethann

oh i have forgotten to write it was a ds sav file....micro sd? where is it?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You use it if you have a flashcart. If you have a emulator, find the directory that contains the save-files and place the file there. Then rename it to the same filename as your ROM that the save-file is from.

5. hethann

you mean like : A DS.nds(the original rom) then the sav file is named the same as it is or the original sav file?

6. anandjones

Named the same, so with game.nds, is game.sav etc.

7. hethann

aw...i could not get it right.....still. did you mean the file that contains the sav files or something else?i did tried at the battery file the GDS file that i downloaded was renamed to the same name as the sav file(1695 - Final Fantasy Revenant Wings XII(US)(Micronauts).sav)

8. anandjones

You need to convert the save (to .sav no$gba etc.) http://shunyweb.info/convert.php

9. hethann

so the original sav file needs to be deleted?

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If there was a save file before, then you have to delete it. Windows does not allow two files with the same name to be in the same folder. Then take the save file you downloaded, and convert it to the correct type using the Shunyweb converter http://shunyweb.info/convert.php

Once converted, name the save file to the exact name of the old save file and put it back in the place where the old save file used to be.

11. hethann

it didnt work though...guess have to do the whole process again

it finally worked thanks guys