1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to use cheats with max crash method

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by oboy_handy, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oboy_handy

oboy_handy Member

Right,

Sorry I have jumped into a wrong topic and ask this straight away. Can anyone tell me how to use cheat after running the game with Max Crash method?? I usually use cheats from gbatemp.net and R4 ds. The cheat box is still available on the screen in the game before using Max crash method, but as we all know the game will not run; So.. the cheat is useless. Then after using max crash method, the cheat box disappears, but you can play the game. PLEASEEE help me, anyone?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Which game? Have the latest usrcheat.dat installed?

3. oboy_handy

oboy_handy Member

those that I noticed are ninja town, professor layton, the world ends with you.

Yes, I have downloaded the latest usrcheat.dat

4. oboy_handy

oboy_handy Member

Anandjones, I am now using r4 with kernel v1.18.. and the usrcheat doesn't work with every game that I use DS lazy. I also tried to use cheat.dat, and it didn't work either. Any idea to solve it? Thanks!

5. anandjones

Downloaded the main (UE) version?

6. oboy_handy

oboy_handy Member

yes, I downloaded the CHEAT(UE).DAT , but still didn't work.

7. anandjones

In that case, for patched or edited ROMs, you'll have to find the changed GameID of your patched ROM, and modify that in the cheat database using R4CCE, so it can locate the cheats for that game.

8. oboy_handy

oboy_handy Member

YESSS THANK YOU ANANDJONES!!!
    I did exactly as you said, it really works! thanks a lot for this lol.. one more thing to ask you, does that mean I need to change the gameID everytime I download an updated database?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.