1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to trade in Pokemon Platinum, Diamond/Pearl

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by whitesnow, May 1, 2009.

1. whitesnow

whitesnow Active Member

Hi all, I'm pretty much a noob at using the NO$GBA DS emulator...I was wondering, is trade function between ROMs available? I heard there is no support for WiFi connectivity, but how about direct link trading between NDS ROMs? The bare minimum I want to do is to trade pokemon between my Platinum ROM and my friend's Pearl ROM, although if anyone could tell me a way to utilize the WiFi trade system in Jubilife City I'd appreciate the info all the same.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, it is not.

3. whitesnow

whitesnow Active Member

Sorry I didn't quite get what you mean?

4. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

I think he meant that it's not possible.

5. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

to trade, it is posible I have done it and it`s just the same as whit the original game card, about trading in jubilife, well you have to connect to some sort of wi-fi but you should be able to do it

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

DS emulators do not support wifi.

7. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

You can't do it on the emulator, but say you uploaded the game to your R4 or whatever, and uploaded the save file as well, then yea you can go it!

8. whitesnow

whitesnow Active Member

How do you go about uploading your saved game file to R4? Do have to get a real DS game console in order to trade btwn 2 games using Direct Link??

I'm kind of aware you can't access WiFi using emulators but I thought of putting the question out there just in case someone knows since I read in the no$GBA development log file about it developing some sort of basic WiFi capabilities.

@shadow 26: I'm not sure what you mean.. I'm not sure whether what you're saying is true since most people on here say it's impossible. Are you referring to the original game cartridge or the emulated ROM?

9. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what shadow26 meant either.
    It's just the same as putting in your game, i believe.
    Google it :)

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

whitesnow, people don't know about what the wifi supported even then.