1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to softmod, hack, or jailbreak an Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BigGangstaKillaC93, May 7, 2011.

1. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of buying an Xbox 360 (Arcade) but I'm not sure how to hack it. Could someone show me how or at least point me in the right direction? I want to play games off the hard drive.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You need to flash the drive with a hacked version of the firmware you have. Kind of hard to follow, but easy if you have hacked a console before, physically removing the disc drive and voiding the warranty are a part of this.

I suggest researching first before attempting.

3. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

I've decided I'm going to buy a PS3 instead. It's got more exclusive games I want, the dongles used to hack it are cheap, and insanecrazy has a tutorial in the tutorial section for hacking it anyways. Thanks for replying though Ace :)

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Hell, you don't even need a dongle now. Just a USB stick that is at least 256 MB free to install CFW. Use the link ace posted in the Tutorial thread. Mine was designed for Jailbreaking, not CFW, and only for 3.41.

If you're going to buy a new PS3, you're probably going to have to wait to hack it since it will come with 3.60 OFW. We do not have any method at this time to downgrade or hack it (as far as I know).