1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to set up an acekard 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by herzcp, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herzcp

herzcp Member

I've just purchased an acekard 2 for my nephew's DS and I'm confused on which firmware is best to download or how to have both as some have suggested. (Acekard 4.17 and AKAIO 1.4.1)
    Can anyone give me a step by step to set up his card for best results and where to find the downloads? I currently use an R4 card so the Acekard is new to me and I want it to be right as it is for his birthday.
    If this has been answered somewhere, I apologize for not finding the answer.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I have heard good things about AKAIO, so I'd probably use that.

You can get them at www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

On mine I actually have BOTH on my card-I forgot the process, but it was just a matter of coping the loader of the acekard defualt loader, so both can work...

It makes MAX compatibility, some games work great with AKIO, while some play up a little (ie not load) so I'm switch the settings for the perticular game to acekard firmware loader...

Install akio first though, and when you want to try both, just ask and I'll browse thru my card-have to pry it outta my brother's hands first XD

4. herzcp

herzcp Member

thanks for the advice to you both. I'll definately start with the AKAIO and see how things work. I'm sure I'll be contacting you, mds64, before long. I'll just let him try games out until he has trouble. I try not to mess with things until they are broke. Thanks again for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.