1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to run Wood R4 on DeSmuME?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TBreaker, Oct 12, 2013.

1. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

Hi,

I heard that it's possible to run Wood R4 on DeSmuME but I couldn't find any explanation about how to do that.
    Why I want to do that? Well, some games are working without problems on my R4, but on emulators (latest No$GBA as well as latest DeSmuME) they are crashing every once in a while. So I thought I can fix the problems if I run them through Wood on DeSmuME.

Can anyone explain me how I can do that? Would be great.

Many thanks in advance :)

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Only the original WoodR4 for Original R4 can be ran on DeSmuME , You need to encrypt the firmware _DS_MENU.dat using R4 Crypt

Then place the files and firmware into folder as emulator , setting, slot 1 as R4 then chose firmware folder as where kernel files will be.

Emulation setting chose Emulate SWIs with BIOS images, do not use dynamic re complender.

I have not time much tonight so will talk more tomorrow, PS: only snag games only don't load proper and get white screens, I think this is down to a hard drive cannot use micro SD, fat partition .

PS: they is a topic here somewhere about this, can not locate.

EDIT: "So I thought I can fix the problems if I run them through Wood on DeSmuME." this is the hole problem is geting the games to load.

3. TBreaker

I tried it as you said but it didn't work.

4. Jhon 591

EDIT: Use desmume-0.9.9 office.

Are download this package with my build for this : DeSmuME 0.9.9.rar

https://www.turtleshare.com/download/ab5ca2a1b722d279925134d0bcbfccf2/

Run DeSmuME.exe

See Config emulation setting and tick all selected as seen only , also get biosnds9.bin biosnds7.bin and select firmware.bin from firmware folder.

[​IMG]

Emulator config settings again, and use Slot one as R4 and select path of WooR4 folder from main folder of emulator

[​IMG]

Now save restart and Run WoodR4.nds file from the woodR4 folder like a game, Also you put your .nds games in the WoodR4 folder.

[​IMG]

Now the sad part games will only load into white screens :( , cause it cannot use fat are fat32 like a real Micro SD dose.

Note: Good thing is RAM of Game in Memory View still exist from the Game :)

5. TBreaker

Oh, I thought it's possible to play the games...
    Well, ok. Thank you anyway.

6. Jhon 591

If keep trying with newer versions one day it maybe handy :)

I also tried formating a real micro SD and SD card and running it of that, Did not work :eek:

Its just looking for a FAT partition to read and right memory patently, Like the R4 dose to a Micro DS

Any sorry and Np :)

So the RAM memory might still not be help full with you't Hexing , Memory addresses ext ?, you can pause just be four memory come decompressed and after comes decompressed of ARM9 ;) .
    Post Merge: [time]1381695243[/time]
    Memory of games still get's deployed :)

AP fixes also gets dump into memory from WoodR4 firmware mixed .

[​IMG]