1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to PURPOSELY corrupt a game save?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rjsec4ever, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjsec4ever

rjsec4ever Well-Known Member

I am very frustrated. I don't have a TriWing to see if there is a battery, nor a GameShark...

GBA...

An ACTUAL Sonic Advance and the crappy Chao Garden Ring Glitch.

I've done it on FF4 for the DS... corrupt the save files on purpose to erase it, as there is no erase function.

At some point when it saves (SA doesn't tell you...), you pull out the cart... apparently you would get a bad checksum and the file is corrupt, correct? How I would know if the game got corrupted is that when you start the game, the Language screen appears, ala first boot. So, how do I go about this?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Is it a real game? Or a ROM on a flashcart.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a game.

Some games (provided you have the instruction manual) have a hidden method to erase the save data.

BUT I wouldn't advise this on a real save cart, those batteries have a short life span, if you do it often enough the batteries refuse to save properly...or at all in some I seen.

4. rjsec4ever

Well, I noticed that it doesn't have a battery.
    I'm looking into buying a flash-cart, but I really don't know what the best one is.
    I'm looking for a flash-cart that will fit into a GBA, because I ordered a Supercard Lite, just realizing that it won't fit in a GBA due to its size. And the DS doesn't connect to the GC/GBA cable for Chao transfer.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

First of all, did you rip open the gba cart to vknow that?

I always thought they use batteries still :p

Anyway, here is my suggestion.

Acekard 2.i

It's for ds, but if you get the ezy 3 in 1 flash cart as well (which fits inside the gba slot) and combine them (acekard in slot 1, ezy in slot 2) then you can run gba games like this.

Load the games i the cart that has the gba games, which then get sent off to the second cart.

And buying just one cart won't work, you must have these 2 (you can use other brands like the super card, but I would advise the acekard.)
    Post Merge: [time]1262041241[/time]
    As for chaos tranfer from sonic games...it can be done.

Once a gba game is loaded to the ezy 3 in one, it can be used to boot the last game played, as it only has enough internal memory to hold one.

I've done the same thing myself :)

6. rjsec4ever

Well, I have an AK2 ... refuse to get a DSi due to AP measures.
    So just add the GBA files to my microSDHC? And then what? Any PassMe, etc.?
    Also, I hear that the 3-in-1 has the problem with the battery/SRAM when it dies...
    But hey, I'm getting the Supercard because I want something to play with my GBA collection other than in VBA, and with mass storage, lol.

Also, when you start the GBA in the DS and after turning it off, just swap the cart into the GBA and it'll boot like an actual cart? What about saves?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok....acekard 2.i works on ANY ds model, not just dsi.

And yes, basically, once the acekard detects the game type, and when connected to the ezy 3 in one, it will then boot it like a ds game, but via that cart (sorta like a passme..what ever that is).

And obviously, this doesn't work on a dsi-only on older ds and dslite :)

And no cart swapping, you need 2 carts inserted at once.

8. rjsec4ever

Umm... asking about that. I need two carts... but... umm... a GBA is needed for transfer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.