1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to play PS1 games on psp

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pinkypatwik143, Jan 7, 2010.

1. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

i downloaded final fantasy 7 and i put it in my ISO folder but it still doesn't work

help

2. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Re: how to play PS2 games on psp

You mean PS1 games.
    http://forum.pspisoz.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=109

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: how to play PS2 games on psp

you cant play PSX games as they are, they must be converted. You cannot play PS2 games at all.

4. pinkypatwik143

i downloaded the ps1 game at romulation but al there is are .bins

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

BIN is just another type of CD Image file. IMG, ISO, BIN, etc. Most emulators and utilities that use ISOs can also use the other types.

6. for first you need to have the modifyon the psp battery... after you need to have the program "POPS CONVERTER" for convert the iso files into a compatible file for psp...
    Now put the converted file into psp/GAME folder, if you have not that directory create it.
    Now the game will work.

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Search up PSX2PSP, the above is OUTDATED.

8. pinkypatwik143

but psx2psp only works for games that were ripped from a cd. is there a way you can ps1 games that were downloaded?

9. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Er no, PSX2PSP can convert downloaded images as well.

10. TirithRR

Games that are downloaded were ripped from CDs. The only difference is you didn't rip them, someone else did.

11. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

first you need a hacked psp, then you need popsloader to be able to play psp games. there are many tutorials on how to put popsloader to your psp, google, or look around here. then. download the game you want as an eboot file. thats the only way psp can read ps1 games. and the games dont go on the iso folder, but on the game folder

12. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Some PS1 games can be downloaded that are already converted to play on PSP just gotta know where to look. you can also download the PSN versions as well.

13. pinkypatwik143

i downloaded final fantasy VIII disc 1 but its a .img file. wat popstation can convert it because autopopstation only converts .bin

14. TirithRR

PSX2PSP can convert pretty much any image file. I use 1.4.2 and it doesn't have any issues with the games I've tried so far (including all the Final Fantasy games and Chrono Cross)

15. pinkypatwik143

nevermind. im good, i used simple popstation and it works good. some freezing but just use popsloader and your good