1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to play GBA Games on R4?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bowex, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Bowex

Bowex Member

Well right now, I have a Wood R4 1.08 and a YSMENU bablalbala012. So I'm just wondering how to play GBA Games on the R4

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

If you're talking about a slot-2 (gbaslot) r4, you have to boot it into GBA mode. If you've got a slot-1 (dsslot), sorry, no go. Only 2 slot-1 cards can play GBA and those are the Iplayer and Supercard DSTwo.

3. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

I've never had an R4, but shouldn't a EZ3in1 and GBA Exploader work?

(Never used wood or an R4 so correct me, or does wood have 3in1 support built in)

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

You can just get the EZ Flash 3in1 and it should work with the correct firmware or whatever the 3in1 uses.

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

And be careful you don't get a 3in1+. Wood R4 has NOT been tested with the 3in1+, therefore it won't work.

6. LuckyTrouble77

Yep, just get the plain 3in1. Nothing special, just the 3in1. Believe it or not, + does not mean better in this case.

7. Bowex

Bowex Member

So I have to get a new Flashcard?

8. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Yes.

Just because the + may not work with Wood, doesn't mean it's inferior. GBA ExpLoader should handle it fine.

9. Shamair28

Shamair28 New Member

I've been using Ak 2i and it uses a slot two feature I set it to boot GBA but it still won't let me play! :(

10. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

All that does is start up whatever's inserted into the GBA slot, be it a game or flashcart.

11. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

Playing roms on an R4 is impossible. If it was possible everyone would be playing Golden Sun.

12. LuckyTrouble77

Have you even bothered to read the rest of the thread? It is called getting an EZ Flash 3in1. There is a way to get it to work with pretty much every flash cart in existence. Also, I own both original Golden Sun games. :p