1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to make 2 or more CD games to be read/ fixing chrono cross problems

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Duncan Idaho, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

this tutorial will explain how you can make your old good psx read 2 CD games at the change moment, its easy to do but requires quirurgical timing in order to work:

im assuming your PSX is chipped, most chips dont read 2 game discs, but there is a trick for it, open the CD unit, ont he top rigth side there should be a spring remove it for now, there is a button that the spring pressed when you closed the CD unit, put your CD 2 game before removing the spring, now after that press with your finger the button the disc should start spinning and the PSX will read it, now before you proceed to close the CD unit, carefully put in place again the spring, while you still are pressing the button, close the PSX CD unit and play your game.

Now Whats the problem of Chronno Cross? simple at the time of initiating a new game plus or inverse at the time of going to the CD 2 area some models of the PSX will refure to read the burnt CD, this is not a problem of your Burning (probably) the pressure of the spring is not inoff to force the button to be pushed all the way down, just in off for the chip to read the game and keep the CD spinning, pressing it will work, i discovered this rather unique method on parasite eve 1 (games which i recomend they are so good) after reaching a certain point a flag (an even trigger for those who do no know) will ask you to put in CD 2, there is no Save point so turning off the PSX is out of the question i pressed the button, the CD started to spin and it read it, i kicked the boss and te real final boss and im posting this 'fix now'.

NOTE: BOLDING AND ITALIC WILL BE ADDED AT A LATER TIME!