1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to hook up Wii to PC?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by mrnails, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mrnails

mrnails Well-Known Member

so, atm i have my ps2 hook up to my pc. component cables for video to monitor and optics from ps2 to pc sound card. seeing how the wii doesn't have optic support what's the cheapest method for hooking up a Wii to the PC?

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Desktop support?
    Viewing the desktopp on your Wii seems simple, but it isn't.

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/how-to-connect-your-wii-to-your-pc.html

3. mrnails

mrnails Well-Known Member

lol, thx for your reply, but that's not what i meant.

i need to (in the future) hook up a wii to my pc in order to play it. in doing so i would like for the wii to provide sound. having my ps2 hooked up to my pc for sound i'm using optic out on the ps2 and optic in on my pc. therefore, i get sound out of my speakers whilst i play the ps2. having said that the wii does NOT have an optic port for such a set up.

only thing i've found so far is THIS cable, but that seems like a lot of hassle. i really don't wanna have to buy a tv just to play the wii.

4. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Try asking a guy name Ace.
    He should be around here.
    :)

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You'll have to get a VGA or DVI cable (no such thing for the Wii), it comes with the two AV cables (the red and white) for sound, you can easily find a coax to speaker cable and hook it up to either your speakers or your PC sound card.

Or you can just get component cables and do the audio thing I told you.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Indeed I am. :)

Hmm....If you're talking about to a harddrive, you may be able to set up a combo with your computer and Wii.

-Get a splitter cable and ensure that it can be hooked up to your PC and Wii.
    -The cable should be a serial ATA cable and have two ends coming from the harddrive connection point. (a splitter. :p )
    -One to PC and the Wii one should have another component attached to go to USB.

If you're talking about games, the HDD should be in WBFS and you can add some other partitions as well.

Not sure about Video and sound though. :(

Look at the post above. ^

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's like no one read his post.

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

This is totally off-topic, but Natalie is awesome.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This is totally off-topic, but I love Suis.