1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to hack psp 2000

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nbadell, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbadell

nbadell Well-Known Member

When i bought my psp-model 2000-it was at firmware 4.0.is it possible to hack it??
    if so can someone please tell me.thanks

2. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

You need a pandora battery, and magic memory stick.

Search google everyone has a tutorial, it is easy to do :)

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

See mds's tut in the tutorial section. No pandora or magic memory stick needed. It worked for me.

4. nbadell

ummm... i know that part already,i think my psp as one of those newer moherboards and i hear that you have to go about a different way to hack it...i think its model 2001 actually...

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=19465.0

Read that.

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If you have the v3 motherboard, you're SOL.
    Check that before you do anything.

7. nbadell

first off,what does SOL mean...
    and secondly, what if i do have a v3 mother board and how do i check??

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

SOL means S*** Out of Luck

The tutorial covers how to find out if you have a v3 board, and what to do if you do. (There is a program that will check for you).

9. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

Did they get homebrew enabled for v3 yet?

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think the same one that works for the 3000 works for the 2000 with the v3. Since neither have to change the flash and install firmware.

11. nbadell

so if I use the psp univeral unbricker on my psp firmware 4.0(it was this firware when i bought it) will i get a brick??

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...you can read my guide still, HEN is the alternitive-it works on all psp's provided you have them bumped up to 5.03 official firmware (google it-download that, and have a folder called "UPDATE" inside the GAME folder, and "play" that :) )

HEN can be annoying, as it resets after a power off-but it does enable homebrew to some extent...and keep factory warrenty.

AND if you get CFW enabler (if that is the name) it allows the funtions of CFW (custom firmware) to work as well (iso play, psx play, all homebrew to work, etc)...

Give my guide a read-and follow the prompts-HEN is safe (just unstable to get going, like starting a car with a dead battery at times lol) and my guide tells you when to stop if your not safe to continue...

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.