1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to get online?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shadow 26, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

I know, I am an idiot but I don`t know how link my nintendo ds sistem to the web and I would like yo do this so I can download the secret misions of pokemon ranger 2 and battle online with pokemon platinum.Can anyone help ???

Thanks ;D

2. xkoolguy90x

xkoolguy90x Well-Known Member

first off, you need a wifi connection.
    then you need a wireless router (i think a wired 1 works in some cases or depends on the type of router).
    then theres the whole setup crap needed to go through, connection types, where it will connect, connecting fee of up to 999 rupees... i never got my connection on the ds going.

i would love to get the wifi to work to play online but alas im not good with the ds connection crap. i have xbox live and thats good enough for me. but about the connection for the ds, most opf it was acurate. you just need a place with wifi connection. starbucks has good wifi spots.

3. lokiden

lokiden Member

First step, put Tony Hawk's American Sk8land into the DS unit then go to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings area within the game, then pick one of the network "slots" so your game will remember how you've configured it.

You'll have a couple of different connection options at that point, but the easiest is to let the Nintendo DS unit do all the work: choose "Search for an Access Point":
    Nintendo DS: Wifi Connection

Now, hopefully, you'll be able to see your wireless network (or perhaps more than one). The easiest to work with is an open network, which is indicated as a blue padlock that's open. There are also red padlocks (if your system uses WEP protection) and grey padlocks (which are bad news: the Nintendo DS can't work with the security system on that particular unit, probably WPA security).
    Nintendo DS: Wifi Connection

If you have an open network, just click "OK" and it should work just fine! If it's a red padlock, it'll prompt you for a password: you'll need to know the password of the wireless access point you're using to get past that. If it's grey, well, try finding an open network somewhere else you can use.

Hopefully, that'll get you online

4. koniferus

koniferus Well-Known Member

lmao @ 999 rupees! I just have a wireless router and used a rom with a wifi connection wizard to save connection settings. That's all you need to get games to go online and it works fine. Not sure if you wanted that or to use an actual browser.

The NDS browser requires expanded memory to get it going so I believe you need a slot 2 3 in 1 type of setup. I've also heard of hobro which is a homebrew browser. You have to run a server on your pc and I've never got the server running. Good luck and let me know if you get a browser working and what you ended up using.

5. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

thank you, but really its hard to undrtstand your technical expressions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.